Should i get the new iPod Touch or an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alvi, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hi guys, i own an iPod Touch for like two years, and now the poor thing really did it's best, (I don't really torture gadgets and stuff, i actually really care about them and buy sleeves and stuff), but the metallic part is really scratched, the Headphone jack doesn't work perfectly (i can just hear stuff on the left side), and the battery won't last that long anymore.
    So i wonder what would be the best, getting the 64GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen or an iPhone?
    The thing is that i can perfectly afford the iPod Touch, but the iPhone, even the usual 8GB 3G, is pretty expansive here (i would buy it without a contract for around 600+$), and the 3GS 32GB is like 1000$, so it's still less than paying 1 year, but i think the Touch 64GB has more than half of the price, my main reasons for the iPhone would be the Built-in camera, of course, having internet everywhere and the built-in mic.
    I heart that the 3rd Gen of iPods shoul've got the cams but apple refused to have them before the release, so, i've seen the Macrumors guide and it says that the itouch would get updated in almost a year and the iPhone in half a year, so i can't really wait that much...

So what's better?

2. mutantblack macrumors regular

just buy used off from ebay. any gen of iphone. 1st gen is around 200, 3g is around 450 and 3gs is around 600. They should be in your price range.

3. dannycer macrumors newbie

I'm planning on waiting for Jan '10 to see if Apple makes the Touch with a camera.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

there's nothing like having everything in one device, but in your case, I think the touch sounds like the better buy. those iphone prices are just ridiculous.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But the internet everywhere would require a phone data plan of some kind. If you are going to sign up for a phone plan anyway so you can have interent on the go, check first to see if getting an iphone from the official carrier for the subsidized plan would be more cost-effective for you than buying one at full price. In other words, make sure there is an alternative data plan other than the official iphone plan that you can sign up for and that would justify the cost of full price iphone.

6. Alvi thread starter macrumors 65816

Alvi

Thank you guys, i got a White 32GB 3GS and I'm really happy with it :)

7. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

For me, I needed a new phone so the choice was simple. But if you don't need a new phone or don't want to switch carriers, the Touch is a nice choice.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

iPhone for sure. The only con is the monthly package.