should I get the wireless keyboard and magic mouse??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brendu, Oct 20, 2009.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

so ive been waiting, hoping a new wireless keyboard with black keys and backlight would come out... it didnt. But the new magic mouse is pretty intriguing... im very seriously considering going to the apple store after work today and dropping $150 on the pair to use while connecting my uMBP as a media center on my HDTV... Just wondering is it worth it? Im about 95% certian im gonna get the keyboard, I really like the simple and sturdy apple design over third party options, but im not sold on this mouse, it looks great, but apples history with mice is terrible, and this isnt cheap compared to some alternatives... THOUGHTS???

EDIT: engadgets brief review of it sounded alright... im gonna go play with it in the store and just make a spur of the moment decision, thats how i end up buying all my apple products... ill let you all know what my thoughts are later on...

2. mwxiao macrumors regular

It seems like Magic Mouse is not currently in stock in store.

3. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

oh really? thats a bummer... im gonna check it out on the new iMacs regardless and post my impressions

EDIT: so i went to the local apple store today and they had nothing on display, so i got the apple wireless keyboard and im happy with it... its not the new one that uses 2 batteries but whatever, its still identical.. and im holding off on a new mouse until i can test out this new magic mouse.