Should I get Verizon iPhone 4 before unlimited data offer ends?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrgiapanta, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Should I buy Verizon iPhone 4 before Unlimited Data ends? or wait for iPhone 5?

1. Buy iPhone 4 Now~!

90.0%
  2. Wait for iPhone 5

10.0%
  1. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

Should I get Verizon iPhone 4 before unlimited data offer ends?
    Verizon will be switching their data plan to Tier type sometime this summer, so should I get Verizon iPhone 4 now before they stop offering Unlimited data plan? Will Verizon honor the Unlimited data plan for 2 years until my contract ends?

Although I want to wait for iPhone 5
    Unlimited data plan is what makes iPhone 4 attractive to me.
    Tether with MiWi & unlimited facetime with My3G

2. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Do you use more than 2GB a month? If so I say get it now if not I say wait. If you pay attention to tech news you'll know when Verizon going to end the unlimited data, it's not like their going to end it over night.

3. diegoesk, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

diegoesk macrumors regular

when the iPhone 5 theres a 1% chance VZW may create a LTE plan independent of the current 3g plan.

PS- Its only a 1% chance.. but its still a chance. I say get what works for you and get it now! You only live once...

4. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I say go for it. If you wait then you will lose the option for the unlimited data plan option, which is a big thing.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

If it's your intention to get a VZW iPhone, then yes, I think you should get it before they abandon the unlimited plan.

6. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

7. herkyMD, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

herkyMD macrumors newbie

If you really want the iPhone 5, I would do the following. Purchase a VZW Palm Pixi+ either from ebay or 1saleaday.com for ~$50. 1saleaday.com has had Pixis on sale for cheap twice in the last month and I got a brand new Pixi from ebay for $60. You can activate it and it requires the unlimited data plan from VZW which will be carried over when you upgrade to an iPhone 5 when it comes out this summer.

This is what I did because I didn't want to buy an iPhone 8 months into a refresh cycle.

The pixi can be overclocked and actually is a pretty cool little phone if you can handle the lack of apps for a few more months.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: This is assuming you are already on a verizon plan and will be elligible for uprgrade by the time the new iphone comes out. If not, get the iphone 4 because i can almost guarantee unlimited plans will be gone BEFORE the new iphone comes out.

8. PB&Jon macrumors newbie

I have the same dilemma (due for upgrade on VZ late March). Because I am around WIFI all the time, I don't think I'll use a ton of data. Even though the unlimited is tempting, I think 2gb would be enough, plus I could have the iPhone5/4S sooner. There was another thread on here discussing the value of the unlimited plan, and it looked like most people didn't use more than 2gb/month...