iPhone XS Should I give the XS another try?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mritech, Nov 24, 2018.

1. mritech macrumors regular

I had the XS since launch day...I had antenna issues not connecting to the internet and refreshing mail when I had full bars and LTE also constantly searching for my WiFi as well. This put a damper on the battery life too. I brought tot back and got an X now I’m stuck with that for 2 years.

But on my wife’s line I can get an upgrade to whatever I want and give her my X and take the XS (also her battery health on the 8 is 90% after 1 year so that won’t help selling it if we pay it off and not upgrade this year). She isn’t a super user and would even keep the 8 and not care.

So I wonder if I just got a dud the first time around. I got it from an online order thru Verizon.

Any advice/opinions?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would. Why not take advantage of a 14 day return period, and iOS 12.1 addressed issues with the LTE/WiFi. As far as Hardware issues are concerned, the rough edges around the display is still variable, and any stuttering/animation issues have not been problematic with my Max. For the record, my Max was a ‘Day one’ purchase when it launched and I have had _no_ issues with it.

3. Dru_555 macrumors member

Yeah I agree, what’s the risk if you have a return period to work with? You defiantly got a dud and it would be unlikely to happen twice in a row (says the guy who bought a watch and phone and they both had the exact same screen deformity). If it happens, swap it in the return period. I should mention though, the rough edges thing is still happening here in Toronto. I bought mine only a few weeks ago and had that problem but the exchange was relatively painless, even AFTER the 14 days period, surprisingly.

4. ipodssss macrumors member

Sounds like you and your wife have 2 great phones already.. so no

5. mritech thread starter macrumors regular

Thing is I I bring it back cause it was another dud. I’m out 50 bucks for the restocking fee. I got them to refund it but I had to fight them for it.

Also is there tested proof that 12.1 took care of the antenna problems and it wasn’t hardware related?

6. now i see it macrumors 68040

It's a roll of the dice. The second one could be worse than the first (or maybe better). I'd put your odds at 50/50 based on a hunch (not statistical data)

7. skadd macrumors regular

8. mritech thread starter macrumors regular

My issues were with the connection not even working at all.

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

10. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

Go with the 8 Plus. It's much better than the 10 series phones. You get a home button and no ugly notch. Seems like a win a win.

11. stafil macrumors 6502

The differences between X and XS are practically zero.

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Verizon can waive the restocking fee. If you decide to return the phone, and if it’s due to a defect with software or hardware, they will _not_ charge you the restocking fee. But you have to ‘request’ it, otherwise they may charge you.

13. mritech thread starter macrumors regular

I caved in today went to Best Buy got it for 900 let’s see how it goes maybe I got a dud first speed test I did is below I’m happy with that at least so maybe I had a bad phone this is the exact opposite

[​IMG]

14. crazyjorgito macrumors member

There is also so big problems with the earpiece buzzing during calls and audio playback...

15. mritech thread starter macrumors regular

Great how often

16. crazyjorgito macrumors member