Should i giveaway my Att unlimited plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ridx, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ridx, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

ridx macrumors newbie

If sprint gets iphone i will switch to sprint. I'm still a little under a year left with att, can i transfer the account to someone else, is it worth it? I have 450 voice minutes, 200 text and unlimited data. Can the forum give me some advice on this?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

You can do "an assumption of service " so someone you can trust take over the account.

Other than that its simply not worth it. You are better off just paying the ETF and moving on.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

I'd agree with poster above me. Btw, the title of your thread is misleading. It seemed like ATT is giving away an unlimited data plan.

4. HPLouis macrumors regular

I'm not an ATT rep so someone please correct me if I'm wrong but when you do a transfer of liability, the person can only pick up current plans and offerings.

That means that the unlimited data and 200 texts will not transfer over since they are not being offered anymore.

5. ridx thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry folks for the old misleading title. If i transfer the account to someone else will i still be responsible for the account in any kind of way?

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Read the TOS you're legally bound to. Transfers are not permitted. Each person must be approved via credit check by the carrier who initiates all contracts.

Sprint will soon terminate unlimited plans now that they will be offering iPhones. You can verify that via Google.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, if you do a "Trasfer of Billing Responsibility" you are no longer responsible for the account. This also means the new person will need to have a credit check run. Yes, you can even do this over the phone.

Handy AT&T support info: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB95468&cv=820#fbid=ZPCnkTx23tV

Note: You will also lose your current AT&T phone number as it will tranfer with the account

Dave

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Thanks for the correction. I've been with AT&T over a decade, my contract does not have that provision.

9. ridx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply's. I think i will just wait and see what happens with sprint. Probably best to pay the etf. I just wont the option to tether without changing my data pln,