Should I go back to snow leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dave Felix, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I bought my laptop with snow leopard preinstalled and it worked fantastic. I now have Lion OSX but Im considering going back to the older version. Its just something I don't like about the new one, its slightly slower to me and the other day my hard drive was acting funny. What do you recommend if you were in my shoes?

Also, For wifi syncing and other apps like FaceTime and Safari 5 will I lose certain features?

2. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

You can go back to SL if you like, but remember Lion is still relatively new compared to SL...I'd guess that with one or two more Lion updates from Apple, Lion will start to feel as good or better than SL...and certainly Apple is going to put energy and resources to updating Lion over time than SL at this point....

3. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Thanks that is a good point about the updating of the OSX

4. Rowf macrumors regular

I went back to Snow Leopard after using Lion from the day of it's release.
    I appreciate the speed, stable wi-fi connection, longer battery life and less frequent freezes (hardly any in S/L)

I miss - versions, full screen apps, the new Mail, Mission Control and autosave.

I found that when I wanted to get some 'serious' work done Lion was getting in the way with freezes and wi-fi dropouts and the occasional blank screen.

I like Lion but don't trust it much at the moment.

Currently waiting for the latest update and reviews and comments to see if things have improved.