Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
So I just had my 2009 MBP in a week ago to get my hard drive cable checked (flashing folder). It was replaced in May, and I've had both the cable and the hard drive itself replaced several times. Anyway, the Genius took it in the back to check the hard drive, and basically (as far as I could understand the genius speak) reattached the cable because it was loose or something.

Now a week later it's getting the flashing folder again. The computer was shut down during transit this time, but it didn't start up. Can I take it back and have it looked at again? It wasn't officially checked in last time, so the only record is whatever notes are in their system.

I'm hoping to replace this computer with an rMBP after the refresh, but I really need it to work at least through the end of the semester. I don't have the funds myself, so I'm going to ask for one for Christmas and save enough for AppleCare and some upgrades.

----------

I should add that despite not having AppleCare anymore I haven't paid for any repairs because I've had so many hard drives and cables replaced.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.