should i go for $899 unopened 2010 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hbsgay, May 22, 2012.

  1. hbsgay macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2011
    1,86G duo core, Nvidia video card, 256GB ssd, 2GB memory:mad:
    my university bookstore sells it for 899, unopened, should I go for it?
  2. 184550 Guest

    May 8, 2008
  3. hbsgay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe i should wait
  4. 184550 Guest

    May 8, 2008
    Though to be fair, Apple has it listed on their Refurb store for $1,099.
  5. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

    Feb 27, 2010
    I would not. The 2GB RAM cannot be upgraded, so that right there is a pretty limiting factor going forward. Plus, the latest gen is just a much better machine than the core 2 duos.

    If money is tight, consider the 11" MBA (current version). Otherwise, sit tight and wait for the next gen MBA and wait for the prices to drop on the current gen.
  6. hbsgay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 17, 2011
    Thank you!
    I'll "sit tight";)
    using 2009 macbook pro, (upgraded to 8g memory+320gb 7200rpm) I guess i can wait for the next gen.
  7. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

    Nov 11, 2010
    Parts Unknown
  8. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

    May 26, 2008
    Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
    The 2GB ram limit is a big no no, especially with today's software. It is a very limiting factor of the MBA.
  9. ZipZap macrumors 603

    Dec 14, 2007
    Has not limited me. And I run parallels.

    I do agree 4GB is better...but I'd wait for the new MBA. Also the Macbooks are getting thinner so they may also become the better purchase.
  10. Xikum macrumors 6502

    Oct 19, 2011
    People over-exaggerate how limiting 2 GB really is. I have a 2GB 2010 MBA and its perfectly fine for just normal use. I run iTunes, a lot of tabs of Safari, and Word at the same time and never beach ball. Of course if you are going to be doing something more intensive then 4GB is paramount, but considering OP didnt mention what he was going to do with the machine...
  11. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    Offer 800 straight up for it, if they agree great, if not wait for the newer models.

Share This Page