Should I go for it??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by icomputer17, Aug 12, 2009.

1. icomputer17 macrumors newbie

I am looking at a Referb Black Macbook: (http://www.macofalltrades.com/Intel_Core_2_Duo_2_2GHz_13_3_MacBook_Black_p/ic2d22mb2.htm). I was first wondering is this a good dependable computer (I am planning to upgrade the HD and RAM)? Also is Mac of All Trades a good store to buy from? Last, Should I buy the Mac of All Trades 1 yr warranty or is this a good computer that should last? Sorry for any mistakes I might've made this is my 1st Thread. :confused:

2. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

If you are going to get it then yes I would buy the year long warranty... but as far as how good of a computer it will be I would not be a good judge. I thought of buying from a sight like gainsaver.com but then decided it would be better to find a local dealer in refurbished Mac... Trust me they are out there!

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Are you determined to get a Blackbook?

I ask only because you can buy a refurb aluminium model direct from Apple for $100 more. However, that extra cost includes a one-year warranty plus free shipping. The base alu model has a bigger HD, faster RAM, and better integrated graphics.

All in, the alu refurb will be both cheaper and a better machine than the refurb you linked. Plus, you'll have the option of buying AppleCare to extend the warranty an extra two years.

4. icomputer17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks guys I'm gonna look at a local dealer I just found and see where that brings me and if that doesn't work i'll buy a referb from apple. Thanks for everything!!

5. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Personally I think it really depends on the refurb.... is it something that this local seller has refurbed or is it a certified apple refurb....

Unless I knew 100% that this local seller was a good mac refurber or that it was a certified apple refurb I would head to apple for the refurb... As not all refurbs are created equal.

6. icomputer17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for everything! I checked at a local dealer which is the only one within like 3 hrs. and all they sell are new models (which eliminates my whole purpose of saving $$). I think im buy a MBP Referb from Apple and just save $$ by buying the Apple care off ebay. What do you think about this??

7. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Just make sure you buy from some one who has great feedback and the feedback states that the buyer got the code through their email and that it was registered with no problems! If the seller has good feedback (from selling Applecare) and has a good deal then I say go for it!