Should I go for the 1.2 Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nalbagli, May 4, 2015.

1. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Hi, I am planning on buying the New Macbook, because I absolutely love it but I have doubts mainly because I don't know if the performance would be enough and I hope you can help me. I wanted the 1.3 model but I have not been able to find it so I may be buying a 1.2 from eBay.

I mainly use the computer for college tasks like excel, word and powerpoints (sometimes with large images on PPT). I do light photo editing on Pixelmator, web browsing spotify, sometimes short video editing on iMovie.

I wanted to know if the macbook has enough power to handle this type of activities and not get stuck or too slow. (Mainly on large powerpoint documents as I do a lot of presentations on my mac.)

Thanks

2. Kristine macrumors 6502a

It should be fine. I am doing exactly the same stuff on my MacBook (apart from using iMovie) and I have the base model.

3. Geert76 macrumors 65816

I agree with the poster above me, I think you will be fine with the base model (1,1GHZ) for your needs, and save yourself the extra $$$ for the 1,2GHZ model

4. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

You can easily do all that with the base model.

5. Suxamethonium macrumors newbie

I have the 1.2 version, more than adequate for all of those things. Just spent today working on a very large presentation for a talk I am giving, was perfect for the task. Now just need the adapter to arrive so I can use the Macbook to actually give the talk!

6. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the answers I was getting ready to order one on eBay that was almost the same price but it was sold, now I am screwed because I am not from the US and I am only going to be there three weeks until the en of may so I can't order it from Apple.

Too bad, I think I'll have to buy the 13 inch MBP Retina

7. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I'm with you on this. I have the 1.1 MacBook but for some reason I'm just not content with it. Its getting perfect use.. RIGHT now. But what if later down the year I need to work on something more intense, I don't think it can handle. Plus I can't justify this 1.1 vs the latest 13" rMBP. the only down side is the smaller HD but everything else is far more superior. It truly is a tough decision.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Some Best Buy stores have the base model in stock, as do some suppliers on Amazon.

9. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

There in stock at a lot of Apple stores you just need to go in the website doesn't reflect store stock on these