Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
it sounds sexual, but i mean like. i have a hard clear case on my phone now, but i feel it takes away from the feel of the phone. I bought a front crystal film cover from apple, but im worried about the back.

the thing is. i always get a new phone every year, so if apple comes out with a new one in summer ill def. be getting it.

also im very careful with it, so im not sure i would drop it.

what should i do?

should i order a back cover skin for the phone?

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
Ive got a 3G White, been naked ever since launch, no scratches whatsoever.

If, like you say you are careful with it, you'll be fine, stop worrying and enjoy the phone in all its nakedness!!!!:D

FastangV6

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
My black 8gb has been naked since iDay and no drops yet (knock on wood)... Ditch the case.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
leave it naked

mine has been naked since launch week . few scratches on the back from my clumsiness and drops but the screen is still flawless, i even left my first gen iphone naked at all times and the screens never got noticeable scratches.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
I was naked since launch, but have since fell in love with the whole series of SwitchEasy cases. So now i just alternate between all of them and naked when im home. Depending on my moods i switch them out and also where im going for the day. if i want less bulk but protection ill use the Switcheasy colors. If im going out where i know ill be using it often or laying it down or outdoor activities ill use the capsule rebel or capsule neo. Mostly when im at home i leave it naked to be able to dock it. I rock the bestskinsever full shield.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I've had my iPhone slip out of my breast pocket and skid across a bathroom floor. 0 scratches.

Trust me, there's a reason why the stereotypical test for a diamond is to see if it can scratch glass. And the iPhone front is glass.

Been Naked with my EdgePhone since May.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
after buying three 3G cases, i've decided to go naked. i just hate cases. i do have a crystal film on the front. i never used a case for my 1st gen, and i couldn't deal with one on the 3G. i have some iPod socks that i slide it in every now and then, but for the most part, she's buck naked.

CASES SUCK.

(the one and only case i would ever still use, like if i went camping or something, is the Power Support Air Jacket. you can barely tell it's there)

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I think I might get a back film cover but idk which to choose. I don't want one that turns yellows.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I gave up being over protective with devices a long time ago, when I had my iPod 5G Video. Just enjoy the device as intended. Skins may be cool initially, but when the edges inevitably begin to peel and dirt gets into the sides, you find yourself removing it anyway.
Cases are even more pointless. If you bought a Ferrari, would you put a rubber body kit on it?

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Dont think going to get an iPhone Naked will help you get one.

Just go in regular clothers, or maybe fancy dress?:cool:

Mines Naked atm, just got it :p but i may put it in my Video Slip Case i still have.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Naked for a month since the launch day. Now its SwitchEasy and soon it might be Vaja.

Yhe screen is very very resistant to scratches so thats not much of a problem!

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
I tried to rock a case on my white 3G, and I just couldn't do it.

Removing the case revealed it had scratched the phone more than being in my pocket ever could.

Screw the case man. Maybe rock a clear film or whatever, but I personally don't think a case is worth the extra size, weight and ugliness.

yode

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2007
Los Angeles
i have dropped my iphone a couple of times and i was rocking a BSE On the back, and it still managed to dent it a couple of times with a couple of scratches on the front too. I have replaced my iphone (dead pixels) and have decided to stick ti in a incase Slider. the slider looks very good in my opinion and it will protect my iphone from drops and stuff so when i do sell it when the new iphone comes out it will be scratch/dent free. and to the person who said would you put a rubber case on a Ferrari.. seriously, totally not the right analogy

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
:mad:Very misleading title

anyway, i dont have a case on my touch and therse only one smalllll scratch, but id say at least get a screen protector.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
I tried to rock a case on my white 3G, and I just couldn't do it.

Removing the case revealed it had scratched the phone more than being in my pocket ever could.

Screw the case man. Maybe rock a clear film or whatever, but I personally don't think a case is worth the extra size, weight and ugliness.

That sucks dude,

What case was it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.