Should I go to the ATT Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AboveTheChaos, Jun 29, 2008.

1. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

Let me first say that I was planning to go to the Apple store to get my phone cuz I love that place (and I hate ATT) But, it looks like I'll be getting a family plan now and from some posts I've read, I may be able to get my corporate discount on top of that. (Yeah, I know nothing is confirmed and I may only get a discount on my phone and plan, but $$ is $$!) Anyway, my question is since this is kind of different than a straight forward plan, do you think I'm better off going to the ATT store? I'd hate to go to the Apple store and then find out I have to either call ATT or go their store to get it worked out. Any thoughts?

2. Givn2Fly13 macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat. I need a family plan and 2 iPhones. DO you think there will be a 1 phone limit?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I would recommend the AT&T Corporate Store in your situation, since there are many outliers regarding your FP desire for a corporate discount...

Last I heard there was a (3) iPhone limit, but I've been looking for confirmation (I presently have 3 iPhones on my FP and 1 BB).

4. Givn2Fly13 macrumors newbie

I would be kinda pissed if it is only one.... or better yet, my wife will have to sacrifice hers!

5. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks...I was afraid folks would say that. :( Oh well, maybe AFTER I get my phone I'll still make a trip to the old Apple store. :)

LOL...yeah let me know how that one goes. :D

I'm thinking they'll at least have 2-3 limit but it looks like we'll have to wait a little while longer to get the details.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

7. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

You can get corporate discounts either way no matter where you activate a phone. No corporate discounts don't usually take effect until your 2nd bill cycle anyway. I can setup corporate discounts. I sell AT&T phones, I am a Manager for Radio Shack. Now it has not be said whether AT&T will allow discounts on iPhone plans, hopefully since Apple is no longer getting revenue from the plans they will allow it. Right now I have a family plan and my iPhone is the secondary so that my main line does get my corporate discount. AT&T stores will have a limit of 3 phones and there are more AT&T stores than Apple stores. For myself the nearest Apple store is 2 hours away. But I have my AT&T rep hooking me up and getting me my iPhone on launch day without having to walk into a store. I am just giving him the money for it.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

What if you have the choice between AT&T Corporate Store and an Apple Store? Which do you prefer. I live equal distance from both 2 miles (max), I am debating which I should go to. I want a painless transaction with the less people the better.
    Not sure which is the better place to go AT&T or Apple.

9. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I would say you are going to have less people at an AT&T store. But an Apple store is going to know the iPhone better as far as training. I personally if I could would pick an Apple store. I love the environment of an Apple store.

10. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

yeah i guess so. I pretty much want to get in and out and home to activate. I just hope I don't have to deal with Security Guards at the mall at 5am when I am trying to get into line.

11. And5555 macrumors member

All of this can be done at the Apple store, as someone mentioned above. The discount can be done here: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/. You can add a corporate discount to any plan even if it's been in service for 2 years (and you can do this completely online) and it will take 2 billing cycles regardless. You will probably need to call AT&T after adding your discount as well to have them waive the upgrade fee ($18/line).

I'm going to an AT&T store because I don't want to fight a hoard of Apple fanboys that chose the Apple store because they like the ambiance.

12. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks for the link. That's a great idea to consider.

13. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

I need to find some ATT or Apple friends to hook me up. :D

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hello! They had free Starbuck's expresso/latte and Krispy Kremes for days at my Apple Store...:p

15. AboveTheChaos thread starter macrumors regular

I'm one of those fanboys (although, not the obnoxious apologist, I hope) that love the store. And at my store they had free Starbucks and smoothies so I was hooked. :D

16. peterhenley macrumors member

Actually, I am not a fan of the arrogant "geniuses" at the Apple store. The ATT guys are knowledgeable enough.

17. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

whenever i tried to make a purchase at my apple store they were always disorganized and there was nobody around to check you out. Yes i'd say its a good concept the whole not having a cash register thing but the stores need enough people with the handhelds to support demand it'd flow much smoother.

On that note on the 11th i will probably be at an AT&T store to buy my iphone and not an apple store. They seem to be much more efficient in checking people out

18. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

You have to also remember service will vary store to store. Myself being a Manager for Radio Shack, I have customers come to my store because they don't like the store down the road. They don't dislike Radio Shack but they dislike the employees in that certain store and I am sure I have people that dislike my store. It happens everywhere and everyone can't get served in the way they would want to.

As for my Apple store I go to, which is 2 hours away, the employees are very knowledgeable and nice and I never have to wait long to get what I need and out. Although I do tend to stair at the 30" Cinema monitor for awhile.

But as for my AT&T store the employees are a joke and don't seem like they know anything and are there just because it is a job. Although every time I've been there it has been the same two idiots that would rather talk to each other probably about playing WoW.

At least I don't have to walk into a store and get mine and have to deal with all the anxious people waiting in line. I work too much as it is to be able to get out and get one on launch day regardless hints why my Rep is getting it for me.:D