Should I go to Tmobile or stay with Verizon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ieani, Dec 13, 2008.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Ok, so my sister who heads the Verizon family plan im on, said our contract was up on Dec. 15, which is when we could also upgrade to a new phone. I did not doublecheck and went ahead and signed up for Tmobile. Now I have 14 days grace period so I could just return everything to tmobile and pretend it never happened. Then stay with verizon until April (when it actually ends) and keep my number or stay with Tmobile now and lose my number and then pay for two phones. That seems stupid, but I dont want to stay on verizon.

I would have to continue using my barebones phone that no longer even rings. If I upgraded I would be stuck paying a termination fee in 8 months when I move to Germany. Then, honestly, I would feel stupid going back and returning everything. So options are:

1. Stay with Tmobile. Pay for two phones. Lose Number. But have a phone I can use in Germany. No termination fee.

2. Stay with Verizon dont upgrade. Cheapest Solution. Keep Number. Horrible phone but better phone in 4 months.

3. Stay with Verizon upgrade. Have a phone that will be useless in 8 months. Pay termination fee in 8 months. But Keep number.

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

If there's only four months left on the Verizon family plan, wouldn't the early cancellation fee be pretty low? Might it be worth just getting out early and sticking with TMo?

3. prosinader macrumors newbie

I'd take option two and save the money I would have spent for two phone lines and get a really nice phone in 4 months.

It will go by quickly.

AP

4. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

I never thought about prorated ETFs and after a little research I found that it looks like I just pay $75 and Im out of contract and keep my number.

Thanks!