Should I go with Ibank 3 or Quicken Financial Life?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcintoshmc, Dec 18, 2009.

1. mcintoshmc macrumors newbie

I see QFL is finally available for pre-order, but I've also heard about Ibank 3 being pretty good, and they also have an iphone application. I am not a business owner, nor do I have any financial investments other than my 401k.

Prior to converting to MAC, I used MS Money for years and loved it. I kept 1 PC around for that reason alone, and now that Money is defunct, I have been lost without it.

Should I purchase Ibank 3 now, or should I wait for QFL? I'm pretty sure QFL will have an Iphone app also.

I'm not big on entering my own information, I want them to be automatically downloaded. I know both will do that, I wonder will the Iphone app do it?

The main reason I am in need of a financial software is that I rely on projected balances. MS Money was good at that, it displayed a chart that showed my projected balance however long in the future I wanted.

UPDATE:

I have become a real MAC guy, and it seems intriguing that Ibank integrates the MAC OS quite comfortably. Can I use spotlight to easily find transactions? Can I import my years of MS Money data?

I do have Mobile Me and the Iphone, and I do like Ibank's use of ical. I am leaning towards Ibank, but I am scared that QFL will come out and be far superior to Ibank.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Generally speaking, I'd avoid quicken given there extremely poor track record with regard to Mac products. Generally I found quicken to be less stable, have less updates and less options then intuit's PC counterpart.

For my needs I found iBank to be a better option.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Same here.

Maybe I'm in the minority of people that purposefully "cut it close" (balance wise, at certain parts of the month). There's no way in heck I could live with a financial tool that didn't show me my projected future balance, at least for a month out.

I keep hoping mint.com will get that feature someday...

Back to your point, iBank's been around for awhile, while Quicken Financial Life will be on its first release. I'm not fond of first release software, personally.