Should I have an issue canceling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonny.5, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. Jonny.5 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #1
    I currently have an iphone 4 pre-ordered with an estimated delivery of mid July. If I make it to an Apple store in the morning to pick up one of the first come first serve phones, will I be able to purchase it even with an order already in the system? or would they cancel it? or would I need to cancel it before they ring me up?

    Thanks in advance, :)
     
  2. bobdigi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Location:
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Pixelryan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Location:
    Orange County
    #3
    I am in the same boat and would like to know. I emailed Steve Jobs but he has not yet replied.
     
  4. Jonny.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #4
    I can't see why it would be an issue to cancel if I'm able to pick up a phone tomorrow. But looks like I may have to call and deal with customer care which I really hate having to deal with.
     
  5. Pixelryan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Location:
    Orange County
    #5
    Well I would be surprised if they let us buy it at the subsidized price in stores because then if we don’t cancel our order we’d get two for the subsidized price. Unless their system is smart enough to auto cancel our preorder.
     
  6. Jonny.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #6
    Or bill for the rest of the full unsubsidized price. Hopefully they'd be able to cancel the order there in the store. Currently on hold with Apple.
     
  7. bence2g macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #7
    I'm in the same boat, can you not cancel from the Apple order page?

    There's a button that says "Cancel Items", I was just gonna cancel while in line if it looked like I was getting one. I'll probably just wait it out if that's not gonna work though
     
  8. Jonny.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #8
    Well Apple was pretty much no help at all. He suggested I call AT&T and talk with them about it since it has to do with upgrade eligibility. Which right now my eligibility hasn't changed from when I put in my order and figured it wouldn't until I get charged for the phone a day or so before it ships. Really don't wanna be in line for hours only to find out that I can't get one due to my pending order or to cancel it in line only to find out they just sold the last one.

    Bence2g, I can cancel it from the Apple store site but sometimes those things take some time for it to show up in the their systems, not to mention the mayhem their systems will be dealing with that day... who knows if you'd even be able to make it onto their site to cancel while in line.
     
  9. Pixelryan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Location:
    Orange County
    #9
    Well that is promising. I think im going to cancel my order tonight and get in line tomorrow morning. Worst case scenario I end up having to wait and get a white one.
     
  10. Jonny.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #10
    Has anyone else's eligibility not changed that has a pre-order for shipment in July?
     
  11. bence2g macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #11
    Good point.

    But if your upgrade elgibility hasn't changed then I'd think you could get one in the store no problem, assuming your online order doesn't ship within the next day. Wish there was a clear answer to all of this though.
     
  12. Pixelryan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Location:
    Orange County
    #12
  13. Jonny.5 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #13

Share This Page