Should I hold out for the iPhone... please help me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billabong, Nov 22, 2007.

1. billabong macrumors 6502

So my currently cell phone the is a piece of crap it drops calls, and a is about 3 years old now.. I really want the iPhone but I live in Canada. I've been holding off on buying a Phone even before the iPhone was announce because I knew it was coming. Well I've waited and waited, the damn world seems to get the iPhone but not us. Should I still hold out as current rumors suggest it's coming soon. Or just give up? Pleases help, I don't know how much longer I can put up with my phone... :eek:

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Patience is a virtue. Better to wait for the official one rather than expose yourself to the hassle of an import.

That's my view anyway. It's worth the wait as well. I've had mine since day 1 of the U.K. launch having waited impatiently for months. I love it!

3. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't thinking of importing, I was just thinking of getting a new "plain" phone... Don't want to, but this current Phone is junk.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

5. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Well know when it does come that you may be paying a lot more for the serviec than you currently are...if that bugs you, might as well but another phone now and enjoy it....

if you dont care, i'd wait or import

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Maybe buy a decent phone on ebay like a blackberry, and resell it when the iPhone comes to canada?

That's what i did, except it was 2 KRZR's, and only of 3 months of having them, i resold them and only lost about $50, when i bought them both new.

7. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I could do, I can get a free phone now if I resign my term for 36months. But I don't want to resign, and lets say the iPhone comes out in January...

8. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I would wait. resign a contract for 3 years? Yikes. Is the norm 3 years in Canada?
    Do you know who is going to have the contract with the iphones in Canada?
    I would go there sign up (hopefully get a free phone) then buy the iphone when it comes out.
    could that be done?

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not sure who posted this but it really helped me!

ShouldIBuy.php.png

Hope it helps!
    :cool:

10. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

11. SRSound macrumors 6502

Love it!! I want it now, so I guess I'm getting it! :)