Should I hold out for the Mid- End Macbook Pro or Settle for the Low-end Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DDar, Dec 20, 2007.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

Well, I've finally decided which laptop I want and how I want it. The mid-end Macbook Pro seems to have EVERYTHING I want and more, but my mom looked at the price and said I should forget it. Now, I think if I kept on pushing I could get it, but just in case, I was wondering if the low-end pro is just as good. =(
    The only differences are the HDD size, processor speed and graphics card right? Well, I was hoping to someday play games on my Macbook Pro (you know... entertain myself on the plane when I'm away from my Wii and Xbox 360...), and 160 GB seems like a very ideal size number (I GUESS I could live with 120. <_<), a 250 MB Graphics card sounds MUCH more competent than a 128 MB card and there's not much speed difference between 2.2 and 2.4 right?

Anyways, yeah... I'm just wondering if the low-end pro is a solid back-up or if I should really persistently try and get the Mid-End version...

2. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

How about the 2.2 GHz model with an upgrade to the 160GB disk? 128 is plenty of video memory, but more storage always helps.

3. sk8ordie macrumors regular

sk8ordie

4. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

trust me if you work and save money for it yourself,

you will love it even more once you get it

but don't get me wrong money from the rents never hurts :D

5. Thrawn macrumors member

If your just getting the computer for gaming, then I would sudgest not getting a mac. Mac's arn't gaming computers. BUT, if you plan to use it for some other stuff and maybe gaming on the side, I take it back. But, really, if you plan to use it just for hardcore gaming, then I sudgest getting an alienware or something similar. Anyways, if I were you, I would go ahead and save up for the high-end model, and while your saving up, a new macbook pro may come out in january. Then you can go purchase your all-you-want-in-a-macbookpro-plus-more plus more.

Cheers,

Thrawn

6. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

I'm already helping buy it. =(
    They pay us peanuts here in Mexico, especially if you're underage...

7. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Just remember... a low end mac is better than no mac at all.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If you can wait 25 days until MWSF, maybe the lowest end MBP will satisfy you :)

9. CV4 macrumors member

I would hate to have to settle on my parents buying me a $2000 laptop :rolleyes:

You most likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.