Should I install the 10.5.6 update?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CaptMurdock, Jan 23, 2009.

1. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I've been hearing lots of problems with the .6 update, including this thread involving the update killing the Safari 3.2.1 password keychain.

I don't use Safari, so I'm not worried about that, but Software Update is pestering me to install the 10.5.6 update, and I'm a little nervous. Should I wait until the next one comes out, or just shoot the moon? Are the added benefits to the OS worth it?

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Just install it. If you don't use Safari then it will not affect you. It did make my MBP a lot more stable than it previously was.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yes install it. the update fixes bugs and security flaws and youre much better with it installed than without it. i have never had a problem installing Apple's updates thru Software Update.

however some of the problems users where experiencing was due to a connection drop when downloading the update and Software Update was installing an incomplete package. just make sure you dont disrupt the download and keep your bandwidth free or download the update from Apple's website instead.

4. CaptMurdock thread starter macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Shouldn't be a problem -- SU says it's downloaded.

Thanks for the 411, guys. I'll let ya know.