Should I? iPhone w/T-Mobile instead of Blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hierobryan, Jan 7, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

Right now I have a brand new iPod Touch and a few-months-old Blackberry Pearl (with unlimited T-Mobile data plan). I'm wondering if I can trade in my Touch for an iPhone and use my current T-Mobile plan with it. Is it possible? If I can continue paying my current $75/Mo. bill and switch my phone from the Blackberry to the iPhone I will probably do it...I just want to make sure I can access the internet, send/receive email, etc. first.

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

you should be able to use all of the features of iphone except the best feature..... visual voicemail.

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

that and updating your iPhone at all would go over like a fart in church since you would have to hacktivate it.

4. iStefmac macrumors regular

No its not possible because the iPhone works on AT&T, not T-Mobile. (If you wanna get hacktastic, thats a different story I just automatically assume people are much smarter than that :cool:)

Why would you get rid of an iPod Touch & Blackberry for an iPhone? Thats not a step up.

5. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

i just don't like having to carry around two uber cool items. i'd rather have just one. but i don't think i'll be getting an iphone. 8gb isn't enough...plus i don't want to worry about hacking it just to make calls.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The cost for a Blackberry with AT&T...

is more expensive than the iPhone. The Blackberry is $29.99 (is there music on the Blackberry?) additional per month v. the iPhone which is $20.00 additional per month. I'm speaking from experience, since I have two iPhones, one Blackberry and one Motorola KRZR on my current AT&T account. :cool: