iPad Should I jailbreak my iPad 2 with absinthe?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mateo012, Feb 7, 2012.

1. mateo012 macrumors newbie

ok, so i just ordered an iPad 2 from the apple store and i have been reading about absinthe, and it's much easier than other jailbreaks i've done but it seems to be having a lot of bugs like getting stuck at a a certain point. Should go for it and try to jailbreak? i know all the advantages and disadvantages of having a jailbroken device, so i'm talking about the risks of the process here. Could it brick my device? i don't want to go through the process of putting it in DFU and restoring it... honestly doing that scares the hell out of me since i'm not a pro in these stuff.if absinthe does not work but my iPad is still useful then i would have tried, but having an iPad without the jailbreak advantages is better than not having a useful one at all... should i give it a try? sorry about all the explanation

2. number84 macrumors 6502

you won't have any issues...especially if you are doing it to stock iOS 5.0.1

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You will never brick your iPad by jailbreaking. However, if you seriously are not comfortable with entering DFU mode or restoring (which isn't that difficult, and there is always an off chance you'll have to restore your iPad someday even without the jailbreak), then it's probably not a good idea. Most people will never have to do this even with the jailbreak, but there is always the chance. I would look at some instructions, though, before deciding it's too hard for you - it really probably isn't.

4. mateo012 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think i will go for it when i get it... any other opinions?

5. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

6. Stotka macrumors regular

Stotka

Just do it. The tweaks you can do is just too good to not have. I dont care about cracked apps. Tweaking the iPad to my liking is the best thing!

7. mateo012 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm shipping it abroad so it's getting here on monday... i still can't decide... so many people are having problems with absinthe, but jailbreaking is just too great... anybody jailbroke their ipad 2 with it?

8. number84 macrumors 6502

^ usually only people with problems post them on forums. you'd be very unlucky to have any problems. nothing should go wrong...if it doesn't work, just restore it.

9. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

10. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I keep seeing references to "so many people" having problems, yet I've only seen a couple of people who actually have these problems, other than the first couple days it was out and their servers were hosed. I've seen far, far more people who have used it with no issues. I'm not sure where all these people with problems are.

11. mateo012 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your answers, imma try it as soon as i get it

12. mateo012 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know why i was so worried... I got it, jailbroke it after setting things up, and everything went smoothly without any errors. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. Thanks for your encouraging guys!

13. TechcomputerGk. macrumors newbie

Hey man, just do it. I'm going to jailbreak my new iPad (iPad2) Friend iJailbreak on Facebook, because you get the newest updates on this stuff. Jailbreaks good because you can install Siri on your idevice
    And use it. If you want Siri on your I device for free, contact me at tech.computergeek@gmail.com. My method requires no proxy, no money, and no iPhone 4S. Just a couple things from cydia and you will make some online accounts to wolframe alpha, etc.:)

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No proxy?
    No 4s?
    No money?
    Direct email contact?
    A thread of 3 months old?
    Join date today
    2 posts

If it sounds like a duck…...

15. Mercury6 macrumors member

Definitely jailbreak it!! More freedom! i jailbroke my new ipad and 3 iphones with no problems at all :)