Should I jailbreak my iphone 4? Cons and Pros?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newtoiphoneuser, Jun 22, 2011.

1. newtoiphoneuser macrumors newbie

I did some research on google, but all of the threads are back in 2008 or 2009 etc... I want some updated information. For example one jailbroken ppl wanted was video recording but iphone 4 can do that now.

Mxtube is awesome though...

but i have used my ipod touch 3 as a lab rat for jailbreaking. it constantly restarts itself. and some apps crashes...

please list cons and pros.

and what's some top jailbroken apps/games out there

2. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Cons:
    hmm....none?

Pros:
    Who cares if there's no cons? :D

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

go on youtube search best jailbreak tools, themes apps, 2010, 2011 plus search jailbreak must have. I promise you will be busy a while. your in the Jailbreak-hack section so most of us a probably going to say jailbreak. kind of like those people that come on here and ask should I get a android or a iPhone? :rolleyes:

4. FortMOney macrumors member

pros: amazing and seemingly endless amount of tweaks that make your iPhone better in the ways it isnt already amazing

cons: none

what are you waiting for?

5. Canuck17 macrumors newbie

hey guys im new to this aswell and i wanna jailbreak my iPhone 4, whats the easiest thing to use? and any step by step help?..lol..yeah thats how stupid i am when it comes to this...lol.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The easiest tool to use is redsn0w, and iClarified.com has some great tutorials on how to do it.

7. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Only jailbreak if you're not gonna go overboard on installing all the cool tweaks you find. Once you install Cydia, it's hard NOT to install every little thing you see. I'm jailbroken and I used to use Winterboard, MobileNotifier, SBSettings and all that but I uninstalled them.

You wanna know the cons to jailbreaking? At the least, it lags your smooth phone. At the worst, you install something bad and then you have No Service (happened to my friend and he only fixed it by updating his iOS)

If you only have a few things installed, then a jailbroken iPhone 4 is nothing to worry about ;)

8. GaGa4GaGa macrumors newbie

You should jailbreak. There's nothing really to lose, except time. Try it out, and if you like it, keep it jailbroken :)

9. truciet macrumors 6502

jailbreak for tweaks is the best...

my favorite tweak and a must...NoSpot!

no more search page to the left...completely disables it so no more having to rescroll back to home page after swiping back too many times lol :D

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Problem with this tweak is you don't get the rubber band effect when you attempt to scroll to the left.

It's the little things...

11. truciet macrumors 6502

lol it's still my favorite!

another one is Five Icon Dock ;)

12. newtoiphoneuser thread starter macrumors newbie

won't the iphone 4 crashes and restarts itself like my ipod touch?

13. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what you installed on your iPod touch, but it never happened on my iPhone 4 and 3GS.

14. eastercat, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Pros: infinite
    Cons: not for the lazy, stupid or those who refuse to research
    If you're not willing to read and invest an hour a night researching these boards until you understand, JB is not for you. Once you start reading these boards, you'll find that most of the problems arise from people who acted without knowing what they're doing. You should read these posts to find out what not to do and how to fix it.

15. Vee_dub macrumors newbie

I think this is what a lot of people don't understand. Jailbreaking is not for everyone, but with the right amount of time and research, it can make life with an iPhone easier and more enjoyable. Oh, and sexier too!

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

WE have a Smart Newbie in the house!!!! Welcome to MR! :D

17. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Pretty much the ONLY reason left to jailbreak for me:

iBlackList!

SCREW UNKNOWN CALLERS AND BLOCKED NUMBERS!!!

18. noiceT macrumors 6502a