Should I jailbreak my iPhone 4S??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Raris, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Raris macrumors member

I have never jailedbroke before, so I am wondering if I should do it now...I am so bored of iOS, I've had its since 2009 lmao. Or should I waited to jailbreak because what if 5.1 comes out???

2. sh0ebox macrumors member

Just do it. You can always change your mind and revert back if you don't want it (restore a backup). But if you wait and then 5.1 comes out and Apple stops signing 5.0.1, then it's too late until the jailbreak team figures out how to jailbreak 5.1

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Sounds like you need a jailbreak then to renew the feeling! But in order to do that you need to find and install whatever it is you wanna do with your device :)

Btw, if you jailbreak you can always upgrade later on to 5.1 so that is not a problem. But you will most certainly not be able to jailbreak until the dream team comes out with an new jailbreak. But setting your device back to a normal state is the least problem, that you can always do.

But you will not be able to jailbreak with this new jailbreak forever, but rather do it until apple stops signing the 5.0.1, otherwise it's too late. So it's the other way around of what you might think when it comes to the case you where thinking :)

4. Raris thread starter macrumors member

Wait so when 5.1 comes out you can't use the jailbreak for 5.01? Also, how would you revert back will all your pictures and app store apps be there still?

Oh and how much space does a jailbreak take up???

5. sh0ebox macrumors member

you make a backup of your iphone (via icloud or itunes) before you jailbreak so if you decide to revert back and un-jailbreak you will just go back to your last saved state (a la system restore/time machine). Not sure how much space jailbreak takes up but it isn't really noticeable if you just jailbreak and do nothing else aside from the fact that it installs cydia on your phone. I'm assuming the amount of space it takes up (with no apps/mods/tweaks) is pretty negligible but I could be wrong.

6. Raris thread starter macrumors member

Okay thanks, can someone tell me how to Jailbreak my iPhone 4S, i use an Imac!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

The link is in the video description in my signature. Download that.

9. Raris thread starter macrumors member

it doesn't work, it keep crashing and won't open!

10. Gavsterry macrumors newbie

11. Raris thread starter macrumors member

the absinthe doesn't work it woun't launch anyone no why?

12. Raris thread starter macrumors member

Okay but the absinthe thingy won't launch!!! it quits unexpectedly on my mac! can someone help