Should I jailbreak my new 3G or update to 3.0?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by swoz, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. swoz macrumors newbie

    swoz

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2009
    Location:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    #1
    I had an original iPhone and was hoping to get 3GS yesterday, but didn't pre-order it. All of the stores sold out of them and wouldn't get them for a few weeks, so I bought the last black 16GB 3G today and it came with firmware 2.2.1. I know there's no jailbreak for 3.0 yet (right? :p) so I wouldn't be able to jailbreak it if I updated it. I've used jailbroken features for a while and really like them, but am also pretty eager for software 3.0. Should I jailbreak it now and when there's a break for 3.0, restore it, upgrade, and then jailbreak? Please help! I can't decide. Thanks.
     
  2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    #2
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

    Jailbreak for 3g 3.0 is available, just unlock isn't yet. There are however a lot of compatibility issues with 3.0 from lots of jailbroken apps at the minute.
     
  3. swoz thread starter macrumors newbie

    swoz

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2009
    Location:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    #3
    Would you suggest waiting, then?
     
  4. jackryan57 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    #4
    If I knew last week what I know now, I would not have updated to 3.0

    I would have kept my 2.2.1 and jailbreak
     
  5. navigates macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    #5
    I've upgraded to 3.0 and for me. PDAnet and SBSettings works so I'm game.
     

Share This Page