Should I jailbreak now, or wait until Feb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by The Red Menace, Dec 12, 2007.

1. The Red Menace macrumors member

As the title says should I jailbreak now, or wait until February. I have had my ipod for about a week and feel like it is severely handicapped when locked. Its annoying that I cant write notes or add calender events on the fly. I guess what I am asking is this capability going to be available when apple lets developers into the OS? Because I can wait, But if the Apple apps are not going to be available to me I might as well jailbreak now. Thanks for any input! :apple:

2. Bags1991 macrumors newbie

Take advantage on Jailbreaking now.. if you dont like it just restore.. backup your files.. and bam back to normal..

I love my iPod Touch and its no longer a virgin..

3. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

they are a lot more fun after they lose their v-card:D

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I would jailbreak....seriously it ***** rules. Mail? RSS? Maps? NES? Custom themes? it makes the touch SO much more than Apple allows in their Nazi-esc ways.

5. jelloyacket macrumors member

Install the latest firmware and you can edit and add calendar events.

6. lany macrumors newbie

I'd say to jailbreak now. I was debating whether to jailbreak or not also, but I finally did it a few weeks ago and have not looked back since! It really adds so much to the iPod, and all I really added was the iPhone apps. You won't regret it!!

7. cujoca macrumors regular

if i upgrade 1.2 can i still jailbreak or do i lose that privilege?

8. albinoAZN macrumors regular

if you update, you would have to downgrade again. to jailbreak. So it's easier to jailbreak first, then upgrade.

9. trackbeast macrumors newbie

trackbeast

if you jailbreak you will get the most out of your ipod touch, its truly a powerhouse if you let it be at its fullest, the sooner the better:apple:

10. cujoca macrumors regular

i jailbroke my touch when it was at 1.1...so its's jailbroken now...so can i upgrade to 1.2 now? or will that enable me to not have a jailbroken touch if i upgrade to 1.2? What i mean is will 1.2 disable the jailbreak?

Sorry for the confusing message!

Thanks in advance though!

11. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

There really is no benefit of updating your 1.1.1 Jailbroken iPod to a 1.1.2 Jailbroken, so don't worry about it. :)

12. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

some people have reported of performance increases with the update. there is no harm in doing so, you have nothing to lose.

13. albinoAZN macrumors regular

you need to install OkToPrep from 1.1.1 tweaks before you upgrade to 1.1.2. Then you'll need to re-jailbreak your ipod.