Should I jailbreak or wait?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by APPLEFAN8, Aug 2, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Like maybe another jailbreak will come along soon too or should I just upgrade it? I haven't jailbroken an iphone so I don't know the risks other than voiding the warranty. Thanks

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I would read read read.
    Jailbreakign can be undone, and they cannot tell as long as you restore before bringing it in.. anyways it is LEGAL now.

Try reading here to get some basic information:
    http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/jailbreak/

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Good idea.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Is this a troll/kidding thread?
    Limera1in is jjust a domain...

7. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

While I'm very grateful for this jailbreak, the one I'm really waiting for is the post-iOS 4.1 jailbreak. Apple hasn't fixed any bugs in the iPhone 4 or iOS 4 yet, so that update will be very important to the phone.

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

This reasoning is flawed, because there will always be bugs and always be bug fixes...

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

This is not flawed at all. The proximity sensor, volume, and camera roll issues are quite annoying and need to be fixed soon. After those are corrected, I can live with other minor bugs, and will be happy to jailbreak my phone once that's taken care of. But for now, it makes no sense for me to jailbreak when I actually NEED the fixes that are coming in 4.1. I can wait until the Dev Team releases their 4.1 jailbreak.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

There will be other "unforeseen" bugs and other bug fixes.

You can go on and on with the silly concept of "I'll wait for the bug fixes".

11. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Good luck with that.......:D

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

It's my choice, not yours. I don't need your approval of my decision. You're free to jailbreak whenever you wish.

13. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Dude, I am just pointing out the flaw in your reasoning. Calm down.

And yes, you are seeking approval of others when you felt the need to post what you think.

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Now THIS is flawed reasoning. :) Seriously, some of us just post to say what's on our mind or to participate in a discussion. That is not the same as seeking approval from anonymous strangers. Not even close. I don't need people to agree with me. I'm just posting thoughts here and there. You'd have to be mighty insecure to seek the approval of anonymous message board people, and no one here is that bad off, I assume.

As to my original point, there are bugs on my iPhone that I don't have on my iPod Touch. That's why I jailbroke my Touch yesterday but haven't on my phone. I need those fixed first before I jailbreak the phone.

15. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

You might not want to hear it, but unconsciously you are seeking approval of others when you think your thoughts are important enough to be broadcast.

The fact that you are denying and defending your comments, I can pretty much assume that you are insecure.

16. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

If you haven't had any serious problems with your phone the sole reason to wait would be to let everyone else have problems accessing the various servers in the mindless rush to jailbreak. In 2 or 3 days it'll calm down and everything will work the first time. The jailbreak for the iPhone 4 is simple and you should do a minimal amount of reading up on it so you're prepared should something go wrong. I've read about MMS and FaceTime disappearing and so on but, personally, I've had zero problems except for Cydia not working because of the zillion or so people trying to access it.

17. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

The problem with waiting to jailbreak is that if your blob is not saved...you might not be able to jailbreak via the website in few days.

18. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

If you say so. Arguing with a stranger is pointless. Take it easy, man.

19. brunetmj macrumors member

You never mentioned why you want to jailbreak.
    I jailbreak because there are apps that I value.
    Jailbreaking has risks involved as well as risks with every new app you try . If I had nothing in mind to begin with I would just leave the os as it is.

20. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

If so, why you keep on responding?