Should i jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Surrender, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Surrender macrumors newbie

I dunno, i got my ipod touch 4 christmas i want to jailbreak but im scared it might brick.. and after i downgrade 1.1.1 is there a way to update to 1.1.2 and still be jailbreaked? but anyways.. should i do it?

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

it will be fine.

i suggest you read the many posts on how to do it on this forum and watch some videos on youtube.

3. Surrender thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks im downloading firmware 1.1.1 right now cuz i need to downgrade

4. 619 macrumors member

Honestly you should, I just did mine today and I'm happy. ;)

5. JungMin macrumors newbie

Why wouldn't you?? What the harm??
    Chances of something going wrong are next to nothing (anytime you flash firmware on any device there is always a slight risk of something going wrong).
    If you want to upgrade later or want to get rid of it, then just restore it to an earlier firmware and your back to square one.....That's it, that's all!!

6. Nickr1313 macrumors regular

Nickr1313

omg, i just figured this out and it totally helped me. dont worry about it being bricked because i know how to fix it. hold the home and sleep button until i turns off then keep on pressing them untill it shows the apple logo again and then take your finger off the sleep button but keep holding the home button, if it is connected to the computer, iTunes will know that it need to be restored. and there you go, unbricked but unjailbreaked so you will have to do that again, hope this helps :D