Should i jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheskiz, Apr 7, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

I am in a complete dilemma on whether i should jailbreak my ipod touch. Please give some advice.

If i were to jailbreak and my ipod is to spoil the next few month or break down after a year. Can i just reset it and send it for warranty, do you think apple will find out?

Do you think jailbreak is no longer wise with the SDK and current updates launching? Maybe Apple will be able to have features similar to Jailbreak. Do you think most probably we have to pay or it will be free.

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

There's probably twenty or so recent posts about this on the ipod touch hacks forum. And I dare say, the advice you will get on that forum will be for you to hack it. I did so using iLiberty, and it was easy and painless on my 16.

The touch should be fairly bulletproof as long as you do your homework first. Your first assignment is to read the threads in the hacks forum.

Class dismissed.

3. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

What is mean by bulletproof if i did my homework good enough? you mean the jailbreaking part?

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

its so easy to jailbreak even with latest 1.1.4 update. download ziphone update to 1.1.4 run ziphone and click the jailbreak button that mentions ipod touch (no ned to touch the others), over the next two minutes you will see all kind of code on you ipod screen, this is normal dont worry. When its done you will get the slide to unlock and tada your jailbroken (it really is that easy)

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Not like the old days of downgrading and patching ey :rolleyes:
    Yours was still still the best guide I found for the 1.1.2 JB, thanks for that ;)

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I was still dedicated to my guide but about 3 weeks ago I gave ziphone a go and well I couldn't be happier to jailbreak so easily

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Sounds like me keeping up with all the different methods; I gave up following after the 1.1.3 JB I tried went tits up and so went back to 1.1.2 and then saw a post on Lifehacker about ZiPhone and thought it was time I got back on track ;)
    /offtopic