Should I Just Bite the Bullet and get the iPhone though ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrtegaJ, Jul 7, 2010.

1. OrtegaJ macrumors newbie

I have currently been waiting since the 30th and cancelled my apple website order and now I am getting extremely impatient and have heard that the wait for an iPhone through ATT fulfillment is faster. Thoughts??

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You won't be the first to do this.

Just do it.

3. MacNasty macrumors member

i walked into a best buy last friday and bought mine! no line or nothin!

4. OrtegaJ thread starter macrumors newbie

I went into best buy too and they had the iPhone but they said they had to hold them for the pre-orders, still!!!!!

5. MacNasty macrumors member

maybe i just got lucky then. and i went to a best buy that is normally pretty busy.

6. joefro macrumors member

I broke down and ordered a 32GB from AT&T.com last Friday, July 2nd and the phone shipped today for delivery by tomorrow. A lot faster than Apple's vague "Ships in 3 Weeks."

7. mangohippo macrumors member

8. OrtegaJ thread starter macrumors newbie

okay one last question to you guys, did you go to a ATT store or though their website?

9. orangecrushv macrumors regular

orangecrushv

I'm thinking I probably missed the boat with the fast ATT shipments and if I switch from Apple to ATT, Apple will start shipping fast while ATT is slow to replenish... Tough call ;)

10. OrtegaJ thread starter macrumors newbie

this is what i worry about, i put the order in, my upgrade is gone for my wife and me and then I get the email tomorrow from apple telling me my phone. I hate to keep whining but looking for this phone is tiresome.

11. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Murphy's Law; I won't order one thru AT&T because I can almost guarantee myself that my Apple one will come in faster than my AT&T one. Like every time you switch lanes in traffic, the lane that you were previously in goes faster than the one you switched to.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would hold off, I heard there's antenna issues. :eek::eek::eek:

13. Lenxal macrumors regular

My uncle went to the store and order his 32gb at att on the 29th and he just got his today...

14. bgegtgog91 macrumors newbie

i went through att premier site ordered 7-2, shipped today for delivery tomorrow 7-8

15. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I had a great experience with AT&T. It couldn't have been easier and the people were very friendly considering the circus of idiocy going on around them at the time. I went to the store because it was "pre-order day" and their web site was a waste of time. They wrote it all down on paper, swiped my plastic through the old imprint machine and everything. Later that evening I got one email per order and the AT&T rep even texted me when the phones arrived and I could go pick them up. The last time I bought anything at Apple was the last time I buy anything at Apple.

Oh, and the guy at AT&T said "a week or two" for arrival.

16. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

i walked into ATT store last week and came out with one. while people i know who pre-ordered the first day still havent recieved their phone.

17. phillydude411 macrumors member

I ordered on apple.com yesterday with a ship date of 7/27, to today I went to att and ordered thru my premier account. The status says pending.

The apple order is still open, wonder which one ships first and what happens to the other one?

18. OrtegaJ thread starter macrumors newbie

well forget about biting the bullet found two at a best buy mobile