Should I just order my iPhone through Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SandersHokie, Jul 29, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

I have one ordered through AT&T but they are not going to charge me until it ships, something around 20 days.

The closest store to me is about 90 minutes, but would it be quicker to just order it online? Or would I have to wait forever for that?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Unfortunately you can't order it online through Apple. You have to go to a store.

If your nearest Apple store has them and you get one there, then of course cancel the AT&T order.

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I agree ^^^ the AT&T Store five minutes from my house, has been out of 3G iPhones since July 11th, and they are shutting down the Store in the Mall on July 31st (in two days) and will reopen 10 miles away at a strip mall. Apparently, AT&T can't compete with the WalMart in the Mall...:( I've been going to this AT&T Store since I came over from Sprint, goin' on almost 5 years now.

5. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm....so maybe i should make a phone call to the apple store and might make a trip there.

what time is recommended to get there in order to get an iphone? I'm hopefully looking for the 8GB Black iphone 3G

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I believe all Apple Stores are opening at 8:00am, and you'll be able to get a ticket depending on the number of 3G iPhones available at that Apple Store. Should be on the iPhone Page #1 here on MR. ^^^ Look at the iPhone TAB up above.

7. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

cool thanks. I can't find where they say how many they have in Richmond, Virginia. It does say they will have some in store tomorrow...hmmm....decisions, decisions.

8. View macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered a 16 black on friday at my local ATT, but I'm going to an apple store tomorrow which is 1.5 hrs away (yea, I want it that bad because I sold my iPhone on friday as well... so I'm without an iPhone and can't stand a regular phone...)... So good luck, hope you get one :)
    I'm leaving my house at around 6ish to get there a little before 8. wish me luck :D

9. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

im thinking about it. i checked my place in line and right now I am 19th, so i can't decide. good luck tomorrow though.

10. View macrumors regular

How do you check your place in the queue? Do you use that http://www.herebethedragons.com/ script thing?
    If so, make sure that the first one in line is actually the first.

I still have 90 ppl ahead of me :(

11. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

A couple guys ordered theirs through the AT&T store, and although they were told it could take between 15 and 20 days, both got theirs in less than a week.

I'm just going to wiat until nobody has to line up, then think about getting a new one. My 1st gen phone is just fine, but I'd like the GPS and a little more memory. I could care less about 3G.

-jt2

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

AT&T stores are pretty worthless around here if you are looking for one in store

If you don't mind doing direct fulfilliment though, they can be useful :cool:

13. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

how much memory do you use on your current one? Also, what is most of your memory for?

I ordered the 8GB one, i just can't see using that much memory. I have an ipod so i'm not worried about having that much music on it.