Should I just settle for the bleeding?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robbyneal, Mar 30, 2011.

1. robbyneal macrumors member

My replacement iPad has bleeding and it's worse than the 1st iPad I had. I also would rather have a white iPad, but I settled for black because that was all my apple store had. Ideally I would want a white iPad with no bleeding.
    My questions are...
    Should I settle for what I have?
    Is even possible to trade a white for a black? Has anyone done it?

2. Cheetablaze macrumors member

Just hold off until you see post about the bleeding going away with the replacements. It may take awhile so be patience, there are a ton of us in the same boat.

3. robbyneal thread starter macrumors member

Would I be able to trade a black iPad for a white iPad? Has anyone had any luck?

4. iLucas macrumors 6502

Settle for what you have until the problem is fixed. As for trading a white for a black, i'm not for sure.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have not even checked mine for bleeding. If I don't see it when using the iPad normally I see no reason to go looking for it.

6. Kaulitz macrumors member

I had pretty substantial bleeding around the corners of my first iPad 2, I would have lived with it but I wanted to swap my wifi only iPad for a 3G.
    I thought I would use the bleeding as leverage to change my iPad, however it was not needed as they were very understanding and swapped it for a sealed unit despite having none for sale to the general public.
    If this one has backlight bleeding I will just live with it.

7. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Should you settle? No.

Should we all stop being so hyper sensitive about an issue that we will never experience in the normal use of the device? Yes.

8. Shambles macrumors regular

Lol at the thread title.
    And if you're not happy with the iPad you've got now, change it. It doesn't make any sense spending so much money and not getting what you want.

9. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

Should we also imply everyones use of this device similar to our own? nope. i use my iPad at night in a dark room and see the light bleed...wanna fight about it? :D

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have never been able to swap colors on iPhones. Best you can do is return you black one and hope to buy a white one.

11. petvas, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It depends hwo bad the bleeding is. If you see it when using the device, then it is probably bad. If it bothers you knowing that there is just a little bleeding that can only be seen when brightness is at 100% and the iPad is in a dark room, then send it back.

My iPad is almost perfect. I can barely see any bleeding and even if it has some (and it can only be seen at 100% brightness), I don't care.

12. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

you're 100% right, you've also lucked out with a good device. Mine isn't visible in daylight, obviously, but indoors in a daylight lit room I can see it without even looking for it. Especially when watching youtube videos or movies its visible. More or less its like an eye soar, equivalent to a dead pixel. Once your eye picks it up, its hard to let go. I should also mention that my brightness is never past 50%.

It's odd though, if you angle it a certain way the bleed goes away lol I dont know. I'm still trying to justify it to myself that its going to be okay hahaha

13. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

Read my thread. I had mine changed from black to white

14. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Just noticed it now when watching a movie. The brightness is set to half way. I can live with it for now but will probably exchange it when I hear of people getting ones without the issue from an exchange.