Should I just settle on a 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yeedawg, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. yeedawg macrumors member

I really want the 7+ in 128gb but no stores have the 7+ in stock. My local AT&T store has the 7 black in stock and I'm debating on just settling on it.

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

You'll be starting at this thing, ignoring everybody around you, for at least 1-2 years to come. Why not wait a couple of weeks?

3. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

I agree. If you want the 7 plus, order it now, sit back and relax and wait

4. yeedawg thread starter macrumors member

Because my phone is on the fritz. I have a 5s thats out of warranty that has water damage.

5. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Don't settle, just wait and get what you want....

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Wait

Don't spend money on something you don't truly want.

7. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Don't settle, just wait it out.

I can't wait to read all the d-bag posts that are coming in the next few weeks.

"I got a 7 but I am returning for the 7+" (when they had no intention of keeping it in the first place).

8. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

Never settle. You'll always blame yourself. "If only I waited a few more weeks..."

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well you can get it and return it. The wait for the Plus though will probably be longer than you can hold out though.

10. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

Not that this is the same thing but I wanted a space grey 6s+ on launch weekend last year but they didn't have any so I got the gold instead/ I really wish I would've waited a bit and gotten the one I really wanted.

11. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

No. you'll be stuck with this thing for a year . I almost settled on gold to get it for launch day but then was like F that. Ordered black and now I wait.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I was eligible for an upgrade with Sprint around the time of the release of the iPhone 4s. Had I settled for a phone I hate just because I wanted an iPhone I would have had that to deal with until February 2015 when I got the 6+.

I would have completely missed out on the ONE phone I really do like, the iPhone 5. I still have that phone and I am glad I waited the additional year for my upgrade to get it.

Waiting has ALWAYS gotten me what I wanted and often for far less than what it would have cost if I had settled.

13. s54 macrumors regular

Sure, just wait for the 7+ for the next 3-4 months, by which time the phone is already old and the rumor mill surrounding iPhone 8 gets underway.

Get the 7 and enjoy today. Waiting months for a newly released iPhone nowadays is eternity, considering how fast smartphones become ancient.

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Just wait. I went to several AT&T stores. They all told me there could be another shipment tomorrow.