Should I keep a restored model or wait???!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PGHtommy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. PGHtommy macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

Just looking for some advice on what to do....here is my dilemma!

My old PC has finally died...I am finally able to purchase my first iMac! My family decided recently to "GO Apple" and the iMac is the last piece of our puzzel. We already have iPads and iPhones. Anyway, I logged into the buyers guide and the Apple store, only to find the general "coming in November" label. Grrrrr....

I checked at BestBuy.com, and they had ONE 12.5" 4GB 1TB iMac left in my area. I purchased it, went to the store to pick it up, only to find that it was a mislabeled, open box item. The Geek Squad representative that I spoke with said the unit looks brand new and that it would be restored and ready to pick up tomorrow. They said they would give me an additional 10% off the already sale price of $1397.00.

Questions: Is the new iMac worth the wait OR should I take a chance on the "restored" last year's model?

I intend to use my iMac for just basic, everyday kinda stuff, no big time gaming or video editing or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

2. ZtevenX macrumors newbie

3. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

1397 dollars for a refurb 2011 21inch imac!?!?! Damn, I think you're being taken advantage of.

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

5. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I wouldn't chance the last year model from worst buy. Either go refurbished or just wait for the new ones! They are going to be great.

i think....

6. PGHtommy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to wait for the new ones; however, another post suggests that the new ones won't be out until late November.

I'm wondering if for an average user if they are worth the wait.

GREAT advice on the refurbished models.....never thought of that!!!