Should I keep an imperfect phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

Like many others, I have the yellow band at the bottom. It's not that bad, just a yellow tint in a band formation on the bottom.

I've always been buying and selling iPhones since they came out, never sticking with one. I feel like the iPhone 4 is the one I'll keep for a long time. I really like it, and at worst the band is noticeable, but doesn't detract from usability. Unless it's a total white screen, your eyes can easily overlook it. I feel like if I pull strings and have my parents drive me (I'm 16) to the apple store to replace it, I'll never be happy with this phone. I'll always be looking for the smallest imperfection to keep me from liking it

What do you guys think?

It's about 1cm from the bottom

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Sounds like you've already made up your mind, Cult member... :D

If you're not happy with it, get rid of it, simple.

3. tuatha macrumors regular

Well, some are saying that this will go away after a few days. Personally, I have my doubts about that. People are saying that it's coming and going... if that's true than there's no way this is the result of an adhesive that hasn't fully dried.

I'm leaning towards a screen defect, personally. I'd say replace it.

4. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Wait til the hype dies down a bit, then go into an Apple Store and have it replaced free of charge. If you're close to an Apple Store, that is.

5. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I do get it replaces, could I just walk into my local apple store, or do I have to make a genius appt.?

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Make an appointment. Apple will totally replace for you, but no one in the store will talk to you about the problem except an genius.

7. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll definitely get it replaced eventually, but part of me half-heartedly thinks maybe this is just karma. I mean I haven't paid off the phone yet, so I kind of feel like I deserve an imperfect phone for now lol.

Plus wouldn't it be best to wait for a later production run while they work out the kinks?