All iPads Should I keep my iPad 3 refurb or go for a mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Colin0317, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Colin0317 macrumors member

Jan 29, 2009

So I bought my very first iPad. I decided to go with the iPad 3 when I saw it in the refurbished store for $379.99. Now that the iPad mini is out and getting rave reviews for it's form factor, I don't know if I should go for that instead. The mini is $50 less, looks nicer and people seem to like it more than the iPad 3. I really like my iPad 3, the screen is perfect, but being my first iPad, I don't know if the mini would be more convenient. I bought the iPad for use at home 99% of the time, but I would like to take it with me when I travel too from time to time. I really need help deciding what I should do. There are no Apple store in my area, so I can't compare them side by side. Any suggestions from people that used both would be very helpful to me. :confused:
  2. rahul247rocks macrumors member

May 18, 2012
    dude forget the iPad Mini. The iPad 3 comes with a retina display that is crisp and clear. And the iPad 3 is also a monster house of power computing compared to iPad Mini.
  3. noteple macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2011
    Return the iPad you are not sure about, and buy the one you think you want.
    Live with it for ten days.
    If its a mistake reverse the process, if not all is well.
  4. doboy macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2007
    Just buy a mini and try it out and return the one you don't want.
  5. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    u need to ask yourself if you really need the smaller form factor of the mini. I don't need a small iPad so that's why I got the iPad 4.
  6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Oct 23, 2010
    Thats really waht its all about...the smaller form factor.
  7. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

Jul 23, 2012
    It is all relative. I bought the mini because I wanted a smaller form factor. Otherwise I would have bought the 4.
  8. deppisch macrumors member

Mar 14, 2011
    You do realize that the A5X in the iPad 3 is the same basic processor as the A5 in the iPad Mini, right? The major difference being that the A5X has quad core graphics to power the retina display--something not necessary for the iPad Mini. There's no performance increase in normal computing, and quad core graphics would be wasted in a non-retina device.
  9. zauze macrumors newbie

Jul 15, 2012
    Have you been to the store and tried a mini? For me, it's an easy choice. The mini is just so much more usable and totable. I know I'll use it a lot more and in a lot more places, then I'd use the iPad.
  10. bigboar macrumors 6502

Oct 26, 2012
    I have both and haven't touched the 3 since receiving the mini. The 3 screen is better but the minis is serviceable and it so much more fun to actually hold and use in my opinion...
  11. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2012
    What is more important to you? Size of screen or sharpness