Should I keep my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FullMetalx117, Mar 31, 2012.

1. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

So Feel like I haven't been using my iPad as much as I should. I usually just watch Netflix on it and just browse the web from time to time while watching tv. I really don't like portable games much either apart from tetris. I already have an iPhone 4s which I use quite heavily especially during school and my uncle is giving me his old MacBook pro 2010 version next week. I don't really think I can justify having three expensive devices but not using one of them as often as I should do. What's do you guys recommend?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

4. Carouser macrumors 65816

How often should someone be using an iPad? How would you figure this out?

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I have a both a 27" Core i7 iMac and an 11" i7 MacBook Air at home, and I still use the iPad at a ratio of like 10:1.

I'd rather sit on the couch and surf the web from the iPad than sit at my desk and use the iMac or try to balance the MBA on my lap (or have to find the AC cord for the laptop). Reading a book off the laptop is a non-starter. Casual games on the iPad are more fun IMO.

When I'm at work, I'll use the iPad and my desktop at a ratio closer to 1:1, but it's still amazing what I'm able to get done on my iPad. And I don't have to be chained to my desk or carry a 6+ lb. laptop bag.

6. mac jones macrumors 68040

If you don't use it sell it.

But before you do, give it a good college try.....just to be sure ;)

7. mac.junkie macrumors member

mac.junkie

Have you considered using it for taking notes in school? The interface isn't for everyone, but going paperless in business meetings is one reason I got mine.

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Maybe you should sell your Macbook Air if you use it that little.
    But it be best if you start a thread asking everyone before you make a decision. :D

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

No thread necessary. I love my MBA and wouldn't want to sell it. Besides, there are situations where I require my laptop - when giving certain Keynote or PowerPoint presentations too sophisticated for the iPad, when I need to use apps like Word, Parallels, iBooks Author, etc.

But insofar as hours per week, it's probably close to 10:1 for iPad to Air.

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yes, return it ASAP

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

How much I use my iPad is not something I take into consideration when it comes to evaluating it's place in my own Apple EcoSystem. I find the convenience factor in & of itself enough to justify owning it. I'd guess I spend far less time using mine, than many owners do, yet that's because I have a wide variety of Apple choices.

MBP's, MBA's, pads, pods, & phones all are a part of my Apple system. For me, it must be that way for two primary reasons. First, the fact I use Macs for work, personal, and everything in between. 95% paperless I carry a Mac laptop of one type or another, everywhere I go. Second, because I get bored easily, choices & different models are essential.

To sum it up, I find an iPad fun. That's enough for me. :)

12. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I recommend you decide on your own and don't rely on others to make your life decisions.

13. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

If it was free you would keep it.

Sounds like you have buyers remorse due to the money spent on the device.

Just return it.

14. Jamie017 macrumors newbie

If you don't like it, return it. If you like it, keep it. Simple as that. Nobody here can read the future as to how much you'll use it, despite what you think.

15. Skygunner27 macrumors member

Skygunner27

Keep it. If you need to create a thread to get others to help you decide whether to keep it, then you'll probably regret selling it.

16. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

Like someone has said, if u had to ask, return it. I doubt anyone here can give u some glory hole Reason why u should keep it if you have it already and find that I don't use it often. I have a mbp but I personally prefer to use my iPad for web browsing and would only get on my laptop if I need serious tabbing and multitasking for research or whatever. Everyone has a preference or reason why they use an iPad, urs seems to be telling u u dont need one

17. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

18. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie