Should I keep my iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waloshin, Oct 28, 2011.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

I currently have a iPhone 4s and a Motorola Atrix 4g so far I see no advantage in the iPhone over my android.

What are the advantages?

Or should I return the iPhone 4S and buy a ipod touch?

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

For me, it was the integration with other Apple products. Particularly iTunes and the Music App. I actually really like using iTunes to manage my library, and with the wireless syncing in iOS5, I never have to have my phone plugged in it's always in iTunes so I can just drag and drop things back and forth. Android was a bit more of a hassle. Sure it was also drag and drop, but you had to make sure you set up the folder properly so that everything is sorted the way you want.

Second thing, the App Store in my opinion is just that much better than the Android market. This goes along with the consistency between apps and the polished feeling. I always got the sense of incompleteness with Android apps.

However, with all that said, the customization of Android is probably the one thing I miss the most. It was just a lot of fun playing around with different themes and such. But then again, the fluidity and stability took a hit, so it felt like it was a jailbroken iPhone all over again.

3. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Why do you need an ipod touch if you find the atrix covers all your needs?

IF you really need an ipod then just use your 4S.

4. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

I would also like to add that with the Atrix I am on month to month with the 4S I have a 3 year contract.

5. MayBee macrumors 6502

do what makes you happy...no one on here should tell you what to do really...

:)

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

You really don't want to be tied to a 4s while the iPhone 6 is just being released.

7. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

And I would like to add being a college student with a 3 year contract , no job just seems silly financially. What if I could no longer afford the contract if I still had the Atrix I could cancel as I would be on month to month.

Does that make sense, to anybody, any college students?

8. sumone macrumors regular

I'm a college student, and it makes sense to me. I try to avoid contracts as best I can. If the phone does what you need it to do and it works for your finances then ditch the iPhone!

9. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

I think the answer to your question is already in your posts.

If you're worried about the contract, don't take the iphone. As a student, finances come first.

10. MayBee macrumors 6502

you pretty much answer your own question...since you're old enough, it sounds like you know what is best for you....

again, you need to make that decision.

if you ask me, I say forget about school and whatever..enjoy life and go with the 2 years contract..and if I can't afford it, then I'll file bankruptcy. But, that's me...that's how I like to live.

As for you, that's up to you how you want to live your life....

you really don't need people to give you advice because it sounds like you know your priorities already...