Should I keep this SmartShell? rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by prossini, Oct 28, 2014.

1. prossini macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.
    I got an absinthe green speck smartshell for my 13" rMBP and am not sure whether to keep it or exchange it for a clear one. I've had a clear seethru in the past, but it was in a terrible shape so I threw it away.
    I was using it naked, but I recently spot two scratches in the bottom and have no idea where it happen. I'm a phd student and my mac goes everywhere with me.
    I take good care of my mac and carry it on a incase backpack with fur-lined compartiment (the campus exclusive mini). I can only imagine it got scratched by an uneven surface or something like that.

My current thoughts are: i like the color. not sure if it will annoy me in the future. While I like the clear option, the idea of a colored one - to change a bit the look of the rmbp - sounds good to me.

People with colored hardshell cases: do you get sick of it easily?
    I got sick of the clear one before. With this, whenever i miss my gorgeous aluminum I can just take the top off - since I'm worried with the bottom.

Attached Files:

2. g4cube macrumors 6502a

I've got Kuzy and Spec shells on my different MB Air and MBPr computers. Each shell has developed cracks, scratches, and even chipped out portions.

I take good care of these laptops, used for testing, but the cosmetic flws I note above gives you a good idea as to what these portables are subjected to.

I've got dark charcoal and green as my preferred colors, and have picked up a purple for the future (Group-On had a sale a while back that knocked down prices a lot).

All these covers simply provide an added layer of protection against scratches and dents. They don't provide any added shock/drop protection.

My only compaint is the material shouldn't be so brittle, and the rubber feet seems to sometimes slide off; a stronger polycarbonate and glue are called for.

3. OldITGeek macrumors newbie

Being of Dutch ancestry, I use Orange on both my 15"rMBP and 11" MBA

4. prossini thread starter macrumors newbie

orange must be neat! can you post pictures?
    yes, I agree with you both. things just happen and, when they do, it's better to crack/scratch a plastic piece than the macbook itself.
    I'm not worried about drops, it's mostly because I put it on multiple surfaces and don't want any more scratches..

I will keep the green because I really enjoyed the color.
    I wanted that turquoise, which is very light colored, but it was out of stock at the brazilian apple store :(

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Green SmartShell looks good with everyone who wants to be PhD! :apple:

6. prossini thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm happy I kept it. everytime i remove to clean i see soo many little scratches that it protected my mac from :)