Should I leave my MBP plugged in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joelc73, Jul 10, 2009.

1. joelc73 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just replaced my 1.25 PB with a new 2.66 MBP (finally!). It should arrive today. I'm curious about whether or not I should leave it plugged in. I tend to use my notebook for a few hours a day and generally plug it back in after that. What's the best way to preserve battery life and charge cycles?

Thanks in advance!

2. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

You can leave your MBP plugged in, but it's always good to drain your battery once a week. Or so I'm told. :cool:

3. 1ne macrumors regular

You can leave it plug in until the magsafe catches on fire. :eek:

4. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I use mine plugged in about 80% of the time, and I calibrate around the beginning of every month.

Apple's recommendation.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

6. samuraix98 macrumors newbie

Like macandy stated, its best to drain your battery. FULLY DRAIN IT then let it stand for about a couple of hours. Then plug back in and recharge. This ends up starting a new fresh cycle instead of a starting a new life cycle for the battery with it still 30% charged.

I usually do this once a week. when im in school i usually do this every 3 days to keep the battery fresh.

keep in mind on how long you tend to work to then recharged the battery with a refreshed battery cycle.