Should I leave my unlimited data plan? Does it make a difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kat.hayes, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I currently have an Android with an unlimited data plan with Verizon and am thinking of going to ATT for the 4S, though I will not be able to get unlimited data if I switch. I use to stream Pandora in my car all the time, though I haven't done it for a while since I got a new car with Sirius in it.

1.) If I start streaming internet radio stations in my car every day, can anyone give me some idea of how many GB that will take?
    2.) Is there any current iPhone feature or some upcoming feature that will make having unlimited data more appealing/useful?
    3.) What would I have to do to hit or go over a 2GB limit?
    4.) Will these unlimited data plans all be obsolete once 4G takes off? I'm guessing the unlimited plans will no longer apply to 4G service. Anyone know?

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you switch to AT&T there is no unlimited data option.
    And yes if you stream radio with pandora for hours you will go over your 2GB's easy.
    If the next iphone is true 4G then you will have to switch to a different data plan probably. With the iphone 4S you dont have to and you can keep your data plan at the moment.

3. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any idea how much bandwidth is taken when uploading videos to Youtube? Is it unrealistic to expect to upload videos to Youtube over the cellular connection?

4. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Maybe I missed something by why not get the 4s at Verizon? Keep your plan then.

5. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd like to be able to talk and use the web at the same time and I am thinking of joining my family's plan on ATT.