Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c_hart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
When I go out for an hour walk (watch set to workout), is it smarter to bring along my phone for listening to music or audiobooks or is it okay to listen from my watch. Just wondering about battery drain here. I'd rather go without the phone but don't want to drain the watch battery too quickly either. I just got a Series 2.

Thanks.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
When I go out for an hour walk (watch set to workout), is it smarter to bring along my phone for listening to music or audiobooks or is it okay to listen from my watch. Just wondering about battery drain here. I'd rather go without the phone but don't want to drain the watch battery too quickly either. I just got a Series 2.

Thanks.

I find that my watch drops signal a lot more than my phone for some reason.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
I think you'll be fine just using the watch. I use the watch for music and activity tracking when I run and for 45 minutes worth of exercise, the battery usually drops around 17%.

Reactions: xDKP

c_hart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
I think you'll be fine just using the watch. I use the watch for music and activity tracking when I run and for 45 minutes worth of exercise, the battery usually drops around 17%.
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. 17% isn't bad. I'll give it a go when the headphones come in.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. 17% isn't bad. I'll give it a go when the headphones come in.
That 17% included activity tracking as well (heart rate, etc) so if you aren't tracking you could expect better battery life.

Reactions: xDKP

bigenius

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2014
Sweden
My series 0 can manage an hour of workout with music in the morning and I still got battery for the remainder of the day

Reactions: c_hart

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I have been on a 30 km. run (just over 2h 55m) with Bluetooth music streaming from the watch and GPS and heart rate and everything and it still had 17% battery left. Pretty impressive actually

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.