Should I make a genius bar appointment for this?

Elfar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
There seems to be a small piece of (dust?)/whiteish thing stuck on top of the screen which is basically the top of the iPhone. It's sort of pissing me off and I can't for the life of me remove it. Should I take this to the Genius Bar or should I just wait for it to come out?

May 8, 2008
There seems to be a small piece of (dust?)/whiteish thing stuck on top of the screen which is basically the top of the iPhone. It's sort of pissing me off and I can't for the life of me remove it. Should I take this to the Genius Bar or should I just wait for it to come out?
If it's not affecting your ability to use the phone in a normal manner, I'd say it's a no go. However, we all know how Apple likes to please it customers. If it's that big of deal they might replace it when they get more stock in.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
It definitely can't hurt to take it to the Genius Bar. One of three things will happen, either you get a new phone or you don't and they don't fix it or you don't get a new because they fixed it. But I bet they would at least try to remove the speck of whatever and if they were unsuccessful then they would exchange it for you.

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!
If it's not affecting your ability to use the phone in a normal manner, I'd say it's a no go. However, we all know how Apple likes to please it customers. If it's that big of deal they might replace it when they get more stock in.
The stock they have for Purchaseing and the stock they have for exchanging are separate. Different box and everything. They have plenty for exchanging.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
What phone do you have? Are you talking about something stuck in the rubber seal around the screen.

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
Here is what I would do:

1: Back up your data, obviously. The following procedures will completely zero anything you have saved.

2: DFU restore the phone. This ensures that any oddball stuff from a jailbreak or whatnot are gone. Then erase the phone again via the option in the Settings app.

3: Make a Genius appointment and take it in. Most likely they will just pull out a "black box", swap the phone and be done with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.