Should I make a genius bar appointment for this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elfar, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Elfar macrumors newbie

There seems to be a small piece of (dust?)/whiteish thing stuck on top of the screen which is basically the top of the iPhone. It's sort of pissing me off and I can't for the life of me remove it. Should I take this to the Genius Bar or should I just wait for it to come out?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Take to genius bar. Back up your data first, and be sure to unjailbreak it.

3. 184550 Guest

If it's not affecting your ability to use the phone in a normal manner, I'd say it's a no go. However, we all know how Apple likes to please it customers. If it's that big of deal they might replace it when they get more stock in.

4. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

I notice that sometimes on mine. I can usually get it out with the edge of a price of paper.

5. GaiaAero macrumors regular

I tried that but it won't come out :confused:

6. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

It definitely can't hurt to take it to the Genius Bar. One of three things will happen, either you get a new phone or you don't and they don't fix it or you don't get a new because they fixed it. But I bet they would at least try to remove the speck of whatever and if they were unsuccessful then they would exchange it for you.

7. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

The stock they have for Purchaseing and the stock they have for exchanging are separate. Different box and everything. They have plenty for exchanging.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What phone do you have? Are you talking about something stuck in the rubber seal around the screen.

9. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Here is what I would do:

1: Back up your data, obviously. The following procedures will completely zero anything you have saved.

2: DFU restore the phone. This ensures that any oddball stuff from a jailbreak or whatnot are gone. Then erase the phone again via the option in the Settings app.

3: Make a Genius appointment and take it in. Most likely they will just pull out a "black box", swap the phone and be done with it.

10. GaiaAero macrumors regular

iPhone 4. And yes, that's what I'm talking about