Should I open it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I've bought, waited for and received, and installed my iLife '11 software from Apple.

Before actually running it, I've read these and the Apple Support Forums regarding SOOOO many people having so much trouble and so much unhappiness and regret with the product that I'm afraid to actually open it up and run it. I understand doing so irrevocably converts all your photos.

Is anyone got it running without issues and is happy with it?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I updated to iLife '11 yesterday and so far so good. iPhoto works and all my photos are there and I am currently recording with Garageband right now and that is going fine too. I opened iMovie and all my projects and events were still there.

So no complaints from me. :cool:

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Always take into account, those who are having problems are always going to be the ones shouting. Whereas, the ones having nothing but bliss will say nothing at all.

4. DenisK macrumors member

I had 0 problems installing it on a current iMac and a 3yo MBP. It runs, nothing crashes, fairly large libraries got in, nothing was lost. However, I have serious issues with the way it now all looks and operates, read other threads here. If you have an access to a store, go see it in person before deciding. Some people are particular about what they expect, and yet some others are lax about certain things. No one should be able to sway you either way, only you know what matters to you and whether you like the new implementation. Personally, I do not.

5. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Thanks for the replies so far y'all. I know the interface is going to be different. I might be okay with that because I wasn't too happy with the non-intuitive GUI of iPhoto '09. Still not.

I know the inherent population of support forums are going to be those that require support, however I was hoping that due to the large number of lurkers, demi-gods, and other fans of all things Apple, that there would be a decent number of folks perusing the forums (like I often do) that are just interested and curious and not currently in need of assistance.

6. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

probably too late now (unless you have pre-iLife '11 installation time machine backup) but what i usually do is to install new software on a clone of my startup disk first, then play around in the clone for a while.

once i'm happy with results, i install on the startup system. if not, no harm done.