Should I or Should I not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 88five-oh, May 3, 2010.

  1. 88five-oh macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    #1
    Heres the situation. I have the opportunity to get the last pre unibody 15" pro 2.4ghz for $800. On the surface that sounds like a good deal. But I can get a late 2009 refurbed 13" 2.26ghz for $929 on Apple's website. The 15"'s specs are much better but I have heard horror stories of the 8600M malfunctioning and screens messing up.
    How common are these issues and are there other issues?
    In your opinion, which is the better buy, and why?

    Also this is my first post! I currently have a 2007 macbook 2.0ghz 13 w 2gb of ram and 320gb hd.(for sale on ebay, btw. pm me if you're interested) and am looking to upgrade to something a little more powerful for recording and such but i want this one to also be able to last me for 3 or more years so I want to make the right decision.

    Thanks for your advice!

    88five-oh
     
  2. 88five-oh thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    #2
    Crap this needs moved to the buying thread. Sorry n00b mistake...
     

Share This Page