Should I order my 7 now if I want to Jailbreak eventually?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Nov 4, 2016.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I know there is no JB for 10 yet but do I want to order it now so I'll have iOS 10 or will the jailbreak quickly be updated to work w iOS 10.1, 10.12 etc.?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

I think you should wait and see.
    Or you just choose to buy an iPhone 7 if you like it.
    Waiting for jailbreak...well, see how late iOS 9.3.3 (not iOS 9.3.5) jailbreak is released? I doubt iOS 10 would be the same, and improving iOS causes fewer people want to jailbreak. Plus, those security holes are becoming increasingly hard to find and a hell lot more expensive to find one.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

People always say "it'll be a while before a jailbreak comes out" which is simply not true. They always come out within a couple months. I don't know why the hell ppl say that.

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Because the wait is much longer some times than others. On average, there is a 55 day wait between when a device or iOS version is released and when the jailbreak is available. There have been quite a few instances well over 120 days.

Anyway, if waiting for the next jailbreak isn't a big deal, why don't you update your phone and wait. You know, because it'll just be a couple months(maybe 6).

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

No one really knows.