Should I order through Premier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jul 4, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

So I can get my discount included for each months bill? Thanks

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy from Apple and just call AT&T when you go to activate. I ordered through Premier and it was a horrible experience. Apple has a much better ordering process. But it's up to you.

3. BKNY macrumors member

pleaseeee don't don't do it..

if u do u will lose your discount.. it happened to me.. then had to wait 2 months to get the stupid discount again..

just order from apple and click upgrade phone i did it and everything is the same..

4. withe011 macrumors regular

I have to second/third all of the other's sentiments. I did receive my iPhone 4 on launch day, but I felt like I was in the dark the whole way along. It wasn't a great experience. However, paying several months without the discount (which is how long I was told it took to be applied after the fact) may not be worth it for you.

5. Branskins macrumors 65816

What about ordering from the normal ATT store online? Shouldn't premiere still be applied to it even if you don't go through the premiere store?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I preordered thru the premier site with no probs.

7. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

Just order through the Apple Store and choose the upgrade option and everything remains the same. Plus, you'll get your iPhone faster.

8. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

Wait i ordered through premier, are you guys saying that i will lose my fan discount??

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No you won't.
    I don't know what things some are posting.
    Why would you lose your fan discount by upgrading your phone thru premier?

10. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

Thats what im thinking, thanks for clearin that up.

11. themeers macrumors newbie

You won't lose your discount. I ordered through Premier at 6:45AM EST on the 15th and while I now have my iPhone, it was not that great of an experience. I did not get it until the 30th.

It also depends on what type of discount you have, for some reason Apple's website told me that I couldn't upgrade through them and received an error message when I tried. I probably could have gotten that all worked out, but I'm lazy, so I just went to the next available website.

I have an order in for my second line through premier as well, placed it Friday night. The order is in Attention mode, and I can't see why it would be. I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

12. Branskins macrumors 65816

Apple says ships in three weeks whereas ATT says 7-14 days, so I don't know if Apple is necessarily faster

13. Ghostmayne macrumors member

I ordered though premier twice with no problems. Once on the 15th and another time on the 29th. You might not like it if you're very anal and have no life like some people on this forum and want to have a minute by minute update.

14. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

So I should order through AT&T.com and than tell them about my FAN discount for my college?

15. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Preordered through Premier, got my iPhone 4 a day early, w/ unlimited data for less than others are paying for 2 GB.

YES, order through Premier.

16. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Can do that now without ordering through Premier.

17. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

So confusing! Some people say order through it and others don't haha, i'll probably order it Wednesday.

18. parth6512 macrumors member

I opened a new line through premier site. The phone(16gb) is backordered.

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Well I had a problem dealing with them once so now I just buy from local Apple or AT&T store and then have my FAN applied afterwords.

20. Built macrumors 68020

NO!

Order through Apple. Your discount will carry over to the new phone. Premier has been notoriously unreliable and lacking in communication to those customers who ordered through them.

I ordered through Apple 6/15. Received iPhone on 6/23. STILL have my FAN discount.

21. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'm coming from Verizon btw, so I guess it will take two months I suppose for it to take affect?

22. Built macrumors 68020

I purchased my iPhone 2G, and then my 3G, before my company got a FAN discount with AT&T. I brought my documentation directly into the AT&T store, and they applied it to my account. They warned me I might see a "lag" in getting the discount, but mine was applied the following month, IIRC.

I think it all depends on when you go in with your documentation as opposed to when your bill gets cut.

23. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

What kind of documentation should I bring? College schedule to prove I go there? Thanks

24. Milfin macrumors regular

I ordered the Iphone 4 from Premier on June 29th and it was left on my front porch June 30th. The AT&T shipment notification was sent out July 1st. :)

Iphone sat on the porch overnight because signature was not required.

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

College ID maybe.