Should I pull the trigger now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by muskett32, Sep 9, 2009.

  1. muskett32 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #1
    Was waiting for today's event in the off chance there may be an announcement regarding the iMac; A price drop or any hint of a refresh soon. Since there was nothing, I'm inclined to go ahead and buy an iMac now. If it was you, what would you do?
     
  2. techound1 macrumors 68000

    techound1

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    #2
    Buy. Get a refurb if you're nervous about spending too much. If the new one comes out with some must-have feature for you, you can sell this one and put the money toward new. Consider the difference the cost of "renting" the machine in the interim.
     
  3. muskett32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #3
    I'm more nervous about buying now and seeing the rumored refresh happen in October. It's a gamble, I know. The flipside is it would kill me if the refresh did happen and it ended up not being that big a deal. Arrghh!!! I hate this.
     
  4. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Cal
  5. muskett32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
  6. muskett32 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    #6
    Well, I did it. I went ahead and bought the 2.93 iMac with the ATI card and a 1TB Hard Drive. Now my anxiety has gone from if I should buy to when will it arrive?!?!. ha ha. Oh well, I feel good about it. Should be a sweet machine.
     
  7. jk000 macrumors regular

    jk000

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #7
    "SQUEEZE FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LAST".


    I've been through this many times before and it's a long and drawn out affair.

    The bottom line is this: Buy, any Apple further down the line may be an improvement, but there will always be improvements and there's never really a definite pattern. Apple products are very good and no matter when you buy they will perform very well, with newer products never being anymore than 10% better than the last.
     
  8. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    #8
    If you need a new computer now and the ones on the market now do what you want then buy.

    If you're just buying one "because I can" then by all means wait if you want... except of course that when the new ones arrive you'll then have to decide whether to get one of those or wait because the next round of updates will be even better.
     

Share This Page