Should I purchase a MacBook Pro now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acctman, Oct 17, 2013.

1. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

I have been offered a deal the 13.3 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 750gb 8gb ram Macbook Pro brand new sealed purchased a few weeks ago for... $1050. It currently sells for $1499, but with the new Macbook Pro's less than a week away should I sell jump on the deal?

It'll probably sell if I wait too long... What overall improvements would warrant me waiting? From what I know battery life increase, and possible retina on the 13.3. Anything else...? Saving $500 + tax does seem like a better deal then what could be coming, am I right?

2. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

If you are wanting the best deal go for that if you want best performance its probably best to wait, nobody know when/if Apple will release new MacBook Pro's but its safe to say it will be soon. That is a very good price though. I just bought mine (Specs in my signature) for that price so thats pretty darn good.

3. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Retina already exists on the 13.3 model.

That is a pretty solid deal. If you need computer, I would jump on it. Whatever Haswell brings will not be worth $450 + tax.

4. acctman thread starter macrumors 65816

acctman

good points, I have a few more hours to consider... i'm leaning more towards waiting based on performance but its still a gamble that there might not even be a MBP update or a huge improvement. Definitely not going to see another $1050 deal like this again if I pass it up

----------

If I knew if the 13-inch: 2.9GHz dual-core i7 8gb ram was getting retina is getting retina and staying at $1499 that would help my decision.

5. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

Might as well wait a few days. That deal is based on current available units. The minute the new model is released, the price of this system would only go lower.

It's a gamble, but well worth it. I wanted to buy a refurb mbp, but decided to wait. Whatever I can get today will be a couple hundred dollars cheaper when a newer model is released.