Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zero85ZEN

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
Indianapolis
Didn't say worry about it...

yawn. yep, keep worrying about that :rolleyes:

especially since he has applecare for a long time

But it might be good info to consider when making a purchase. And if you use your MBP for making a living, as I do, having it shipped out to Apple for repair means work-flow can be severely affected.

And there is no way of knowing if the replacement gpu truly fixes the problem with the faulty cards.

I'm just putting info under the eyes of the OP. He can make whatever decision he wants with it.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
But it might be good info to consider when making a purchase. And if you use your MBP for making a living, as I do, having it shipped out to Apple for repair means work-flow can be severely affected.

And there is no way of knowing if the replacement gpu truly fixes the problem with the faulty cards.

I'm just putting info under the eyes of the OP. He can make whatever decision he wants with it.

I was afraid before, because I had a laptop with an 8400m before, and I know its a possibility, but I now believe that it was a bit blown out of proportion, especially since the site that started it was an anti-nvidia website, who also later stated that the 9600m gt is also effect since it was made using the same production process. There was a defect but its not as bad as they made it out to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.