Should I really get an iPhone 4/5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imHappy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Hey guys!

I really need some advice endorsing the idea of actually getting an iphone 4/5 on my birthday - August.

I have many options since i have enough money on my wallet.

Im torn between and iphone or a blackberry.

To be honest the only thing by which holds me wanting a blackberry is basically blackberry messenger since many friends have it.

However i simply find the iphone/ipod touch experience WAY better than blackberry in general. I actually find bb pretty unconfortable and im talking about the Torch which has a touch screen.

In the other hand, the iphone, damnit im really scared about it's durability. I previously had a 6th gen ipod nano, the little touch screen one, which was extremely fragile it finally got cracked very easily.

Are there many complains about cracked and several scratched in the screen in the iphone 4 area?

Also the back of the phone, its glass, and there many people have complained about its fragility, im intending to use it with a case, but im worry that might not be enough.

So thats were the iphone 5 gets in, were people says it might come back with the aluminium case.

Should i save that money and wait for the iphone 5 instead?

Your advice are all welcomed =)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Buy now, don't wait.

3. mrkramer Suspended

mrkramer

If you don't absolutely need a new phone I'd wait until the iPhone 5 comes out, probably sometime in September. And I would definitely reccomend the iPhone over blackberry, the user experience is much better.
    As far as how fragile the phone is, some people complain about it breaking easily, but I don't think it's much of a problem, if you are worried you can buy some good cases that will protect it from almost anything.

4. lomby macrumors regular

i would wait for the iphone 5 that is rumoured for a fall release :)

5. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

yeah pretty much i guess i will save the money and wait for the i5, i really hope it's much more durable

no blackberry messenger =(

6. ap3604, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

I hope I never get a company phone forced on me thats a blackberry :(

They don't even seem like real smartphones since most of them have tiny screens for web browsing...

7. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

oh god, if those rumors become true... YHUHFOIDSUFIPDS

anyways, iphone you will be mine!

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Few things:

1. Happy birthday in advance!

2. Save up your money and wait for the iPhone 5. The next iPhone is said to be thinner and lighter, and the glass material might just be removed. Who knows? But it will definitely be a better phone than the iPhone 4.

The 6th gen iPod Nano is a fail concept, i'm surprised Apple actually released it.

3. So based off your post, the only reason you are interested in the BlackBerry is because of BBM. Well, the iPhone will have iMessenger, which is just like BBM, but much better. You'll be able to chat with anyone who has an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, for free.
    Get your friends into the iPhone as well, and you guys can all have free convos. Best part? no PINs to remember.

The BlackBerry devices are horrible, and are really bad smartphones. I think it would be wise to be with a company that is doing well, than a company which is on the verge of losing out.

9. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

It's beyond me why anyone would even consider using a BlackBerry anymore. Maybe the only reason being for a business.

10. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Really nice replies I have to say.

From now on, i will certainly wait for the next refresh, please hope it comes with an aluminium case.

I really do not urgently need a phone right now, because in Peru we basically only use Nextel's haha, unlike the mba i had to buy a month ago skipping the next refresh in maybe this week!