Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hello.

Bought the AppleCare together with my iPhone 3GS.

My only dilemma is whether to register for my 3GS.

I understand that if the LSI(s) are triggered, warranty will be void. So I'm unsure whether should I use the AppleCare now or after 1 year of usage?

Please advise :)

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
well if it lasted say a year, and you knew you wouldnt break it for 3months because its new, why waste a month of apple care.... i think thats what he means
signature_Smiley_Happy.jpg

You don't waste it. It lasts the same amount of time whether you register it on day one or day 364. Register now, before you forget.

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
r.j.s. is correct. When you register it has no bearing on the length of the contract. It extends warranty coverage up to two years from the purchase date (of the iPhone).

Another question for you is did you purchase AppleCare at the same time you purchased the iPhone? If you did, and you made the purchase at an Apple store, they might have already registered it for you.

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would actually wait because they might have a new iPhone next year that you just have to have at which point you wont be using the old iPhone that still has 2 years of warranty on it. So if there is a possibility that you may get a new iPhone next year, then wait to activate it and if you don;t purchase a new phone then you can activate it. JUST DON"T FORGET!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I would actually wait because they might have a new iPhone next year that you just have to have at which point you wont be using the old iPhone that still has 2 years of warranty on it. So if there is a possibility that you may get a new iPhone next year, then wait to activate it and if you don;t purchase a new phone then you can activate it. JUST DON"T FORGET!

While true, there has been a new iPhone every year - meaning you'll never activate, because the next version is right around the corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.